Will an Unlocked Rooted/Custom Sprint Note 4 work on Verizon??

k1ll3ry0

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I have done some searching and I see a lot of people trying to go from CDMA to GSM but not one source really covers whether or not the full functionality of the Sprint Note 4 would transfer over to Verizon with an already activated Micro-sim? Activated sim comes from a Verizon Galaxy S4 i545 if that makes any difference.

I have the opportunity to get a free Sprint Note 4 which is "super broken" from a buddy....probably needs a new digitizer and boom it'll boot up I'm guessing. Really would appreciate the upgrade as my S4 is aging quicker than my grandparents and certainly running slower than my grandparents.

Any constructive comments are appreciated. Thank you kindly.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If the phone supports Verizon's GSM frequencies, it would. Here are the CDMA version specs and at least according to this, it does support some GSM frequencies. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Sprint), Charcoal Black

FREQUENCIES AND DATA TYPE
LTE: Band 25/26/41
800/1900 MHz (CDMA),
800/1900/2500 MHz (LTE),
850/900/1800/1900 MHz (GSM),
850/900/1900/2100 MHz (UMTS)

You'd have to check with Verizon if they do work with any of those frequencies or you may end up only getting voice or 2g/3g data.

But if it's free... just pop the SIM card and see if it works. It's free!

k1ll3ry0

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I'll have to take a look when I physically have the phone so I can compare model numbers. It's free but will need a new digitizer before I can visually inspect whether it works or not. Hence why I'm trying to figure out if anyone has done it prior to actually purchasing the $158 Digitizer hahaha

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will not accept Sprints ESN on their network. Verizon has a master list of their branded phones and thats all they go by on the CDMA side. So you would only have access to LTE with your sim card. Then the phone would have to support VoLTE on Verizons network which it may or may not do.
This is pretty much why you see people using CDMA phones on GSM networks. The GSM supports voice and texting and LTE supports data needs. Then its only an issue of matching up the bands with the carrier your using.
Bottom line is if you want the phone to operate 100% get a network branded phone OR one manufactured to support it. LIke a nexus device that supports Verizon.
Just my recommendation.
Plus your getting a broken phone so IF you were to have issues it might make it that much harder to troubleshoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy