Home button and return/back button unavailable on Note 4, how can I get it back?

ArthurSA

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Home button and return/back button unavailable on note 4

Hi Guys

Bought a 2nd hand Samsung note 4 but it doesn't have the home button and return/back button? Is this possible?

I have downloaded Kies 3 to check if phone is original. Pop up message on Kies said "The connected device is supported through Smart Switch. which is faster and more convenient" Clicked on the link that re-directed me to Smart Switch there the phone was recognized and a Software Update was also done.

My Question is - is it possible for the home and return/back button not to be available on some Samsung note 4. Or do I have to download it. Currently using an S4 which has both?

Regards
Arthur in SA

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Home button and return/back button unavailable on note 4

It is a used phone. What did the seller say when you asked him about it.
Its possible it has liquid damage and the physical home button and the back button dont work.
Or someone did a bad repair job. It can be a number of things.
But i doubt its software related. I have never seen options to disable those in software.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

The note 4 has touch buttons down on the bezel, not capacitive buttons on the screen, so if your buttons aren't there, it's fake

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Confused by the question . . .I can see the back and recent buttons not working but how can the home button (which is a physical button on the bottom of the screen, not capacitive) be completely missing? Or are you saying the buttons are non-responsive?

Open up the phone application, go to the dialer key pad and hit *#0*# . That will get you into a test menu. Select Sub Key to test the physical keys. Each key you press will change the color of the display panel; Power=Red, Vol-Up=White, Vol-Dwn=Green, Back=Purple, RecentApp=Orange, Home=Blue.

To exit you have to hit back a few times (which if the key isn't working will mean you'll be stuck in that mode and you may have to forcibly reboot with the power button).

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Confused by the question . . .I can see the back and recent buttons not working but how can the home button (which is a physical button on the bottom of the screen, not capacitive) be completely missing? Or are you saying the buttons are non-responsive?.

If at all possible, can you post a picture of the front and back of your phone?? As mentioned the "home" button is a real, physical button that you can push in. If it's missing, there should be a hole there...

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. I need to see a picture of this "Note 4"

Posted via the Android Central App

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site

My Question is - is it possible for the home and return/back button not to be available on some Samsung note 4. Or do I have to download it. Currently using an S4 which has both?

Regards
Arthur in SA

Unless there's some new technology that I'm not aware of, I don't think it's possible to download a physical button. Sounds like you got some sort of knock off.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi Guys

Bought a 2nd hand Samsung note 4 but it doesn't have the home button and return/back button? Is this possible?

I have downloaded Kies 3 to check if phone is original. Pop up message on Kies said "The connected device is supported through Smart Switch. which is faster and more convenient" Clicked on the link that re-directed me to Smart Switch there the phone was recognized and a Software Update was also done.

Regards
Arthur in SA
Pictures?

Sigrid C

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site

Confused by the question . . .I can see the back and recent buttons not working but how can the home button (which is a physical button on the bottom of the screen, not capacitive) be completely missing? Or are you saying the buttons are non-responsive?

Open up the phone application, go to the dialer key pad and hit *#0*# . That will get you into a test menu. Select Sub Key to test the physical keys. Each key you press will change the color of the display panel; Power=Red, Vol-Up=White, Vol-Dwn=Green, Back=Purple, RecentApp=Orange, Home=Blue.

To exit you have to hit back a few times (which if the key isn't working will mean you'll be stuck in that mode and you may have to forcibly reboot with the power button).

Sigrid C -- I'm having the same problem on a new Note 4. Initially I had battery but discovered the phone cover was pressing on on/off button at times. Just changed the cover. However, now the Home Button is not working AT ALL. I went thru the steps above and every key worked as described except the Home Button -- it didn't go to blue. What next?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante