Do you pay with your Note 4?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I know it does not have Samsung Pay, but with NFC, our Notes have the ability to pay with Google? I think.?
Do you? If so.. How's that going for you.?

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Android Pay, but just enough to get the free Chromecast. After that, probably not.

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Android Pay. Its very hit and miss now as to who accepts it so hopefully in time more places will accept it and it will become more natural to pay with my phone.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Android Pay. Its very hit and miss now as to who accepts it so hopefully in time more places will accept it and it will become more natural to pay with my phone.

Good to know it works. Lack of universal acceptance is what keeps me from giving up root to get mobile phone payment capability.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Gaining Samsung pay and MST is the only reason I'll upgrade to the s7 or note 6, assuming they give us the sd card and ir remote back. I forget my wallet at home at least once a month plus more and more people always have their phones on them for work.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Having your credit cards on your phone will likely never be a security risk with how the transaction is processed. And your phone has to be secured with a password, pin, or fingerprint, so again it's highly unlikely.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I prefer using my card. And if i could use Samsung pay I might consider. Note 6 is what I am holding off for...suppose to have it as well as SD card

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I've used it a few times. One time I forgot my wallet and had to buy food, whipped out my phone out and was able to pay for it. Despite them telling me I wouldn't be able to. Shocked the whole restaurant.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Cops have always accepted the picture of my drivers license on my phone, bars usually do too but sometimes I've been denied alcohol.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Gaining Samsung pay and MST is the only reason I'll upgrade to the s7 or note 6, assuming they give us the sd card and ir remote back. I forget my wallet at home at least once a month plus more and more people always have their phones on them for work.

Ditto.. I use the SD and ir daily.
I sure hope they put those back.
I wonder if they take feedback on those.? Would they listen if we sent email or filled out a form?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Cops have always accepted the picture of my drivers license on my phone, bars usually do too but sometimes I've been denied alcohol.
Wow, you're kidding, right? These cops need to be fired. If they're too lame to understand photos can be edited, they shouldn't be on the force.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, you're kidding, right? These cops need to be fired. If they're too lame to understand photos can be edited, they shouldn't be on the force.

Definitely agree with this. ID's should never be allowed to be put on a phone because of the ability to edit or change it. Bad, bad, bad.

Last edited:

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've heard of people doing this so many times before.

Understood. But it shouldn't be allowed. With the software available today, any ID could be changed in seconds to be valid even if it's not or make a person look like they're the one in the picture even though they may not. Goes against the reason for having that ID.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Understood. But it shouldn't be allowed. With the software available today, any ID could be changed in seconds to be valid even if it's not or make a person look like they're the one in the picture even though they may not. Goes against the reason for having that ID.

Based off your avatar I'm gonna guess you're from a big city where "paranoia makes paradise". I'm from a small college town where we trust people and have a lot less problems per capita than areas that worry. Almost any university journalism department can make a fake and have it check out at bars or keggers, at my university they cost a mere 75$ or 150$ to have the magnetic strip match up with the card. Alternatively, if I show a picture of an ID and add in my social plus my last few traffic stops or whatever else might be on my record then I'm probably the person I claim to be. Having just the picture enforces two or three step verification, trusting that an ID means anything just lets real criminals do real crime ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678