07-10-2016 08:04 PM
33 12
tools
    I know it does not have Samsung Pay, but with NFC, our Notes have the ability to pay with Google? I think.?
    Do you? If so.. How's that going for you.?
    02-20-2016 05:29 AM
    I'm using Android Pay, but just enough to get the free Chromecast. After that, probably not.

Posted via the Android Central App
    msokad likes this.
    02-20-2016 08:36 AM
    I use Android Pay. Its very hit and miss now as to who accepts it so hopefully in time more places will accept it and it will become more natural to pay with my phone.
    02-20-2016 10:29 AM
    I use Android Pay. Its very hit and miss now as to who accepts it so hopefully in time more places will accept it and it will become more natural to pay with my phone.
    Good to know it works. Lack of universal acceptance is what keeps me from giving up root to get mobile phone payment capability.
    02-20-2016 11:05 AM
    I use Android Pay if it is accepted. Using it lessens the chance of my card and information being stolen.
    02-20-2016 03:26 PM
    I never pay with my phone. Just another eventual security risk IMO.
    02-20-2016 06:22 PM
    Gaining Samsung pay and MST is the only reason I'll upgrade to the s7 or note 6, assuming they give us the sd card and ir remote back. I forget my wallet at home at least once a month plus more and more people always have their phones on them for work.
    pduffer likes this.
    02-20-2016 07:47 PM
    Having your credit cards on your phone will likely never be a security risk with how the transaction is processed. And your phone has to be secured with a password, pin, or fingerprint, so again it's highly unlikely.

02-20-2016 07:53 PM
    I forget my wallet at home at least once a month
    You must not drive.

Having your credit cards on your phone will likely never be a security risk with how the transaction is processed.
    Yes, the transaction is supposedly more secure, but time will tell.
    02-20-2016 08:29 PM
    I prefer using my card. And if i could use Samsung pay I might consider. Note 6 is what I am holding off for...suppose to have it as well as SD card

02-20-2016 10:10 PM
    I've used it a few times. One time I forgot my wallet and had to buy food, whipped out my phone out and was able to pay for it. Despite them telling me I wouldn't be able to. Shocked the whole restaurant.
    02-20-2016 11:20 PM
    Cops have always accepted the picture of my drivers license on my phone, bars usually do too but sometimes I've been denied alcohol.
    02-21-2016 09:01 AM
    I have never paid with any phone. I still use my card.
    02-21-2016 10:16 AM
    Gaining Samsung pay and MST is the only reason I'll upgrade to the s7 or note 6, assuming they give us the sd card and ir remote back. I forget my wallet at home at least once a month plus more and more people always have their phones on them for work.
    Ditto.. I use the SD and ir daily.
    I sure hope they put those back.
    I wonder if they take feedback on those.? Would they listen if we sent email or filled out a form?
    02-21-2016 03:57 PM
    Cops have always accepted the picture of my drivers license on my phone, bars usually do too but sometimes I've been denied alcohol.
    Wow, you're kidding, right? These cops need to be fired. If they're too lame to understand photos can be edited, they shouldn't be on the force.
    02-21-2016 04:57 PM
    Wow, you're kidding, right? These cops need to be fired. If they're too lame to understand photos can be edited, they shouldn't be on the force.
    Definitely agree with this. ID's should never be allowed to be put on a phone because of the ability to edit or change it. Bad, bad, bad.

nahoku likes this.
    02-21-2016 05:01 PM
    Definitely agree with this. ID's should never be allowed to be put on a phone because of the ability to edit or change it. Bad, bad, bad.

I've heard of people doing this so many times before.
    02-22-2016 03:54 AM
    I've heard of people doing this so many times before.
    Understood. But it shouldn't be allowed. With the software available today, any ID could be changed in seconds to be valid even if it's not or make a person look like they're the one in the picture even though they may not. Goes against the reason for having that ID.

_YoKolorMeBadd likes this.
    02-22-2016 07:09 AM
    I used to use Android Pay until my bank gave me a new card with the chip in it and now it doesnt work.
    02-22-2016 11:56 AM
    Understood. But it shouldn't be allowed. With the software available today, any ID could be changed in seconds to be valid even if it's not or make a person look like they're the one in the picture even though they may not. Goes against the reason for having that ID.

Based off your avatar I'm gonna guess you're from a big city where "paranoia makes paradise". I'm from a small college town where we trust people and have a lot less problems per capita than areas that worry. Almost any university journalism department can make a fake and have it check out at bars or keggers, at my university they cost a mere 75$ or 150$ to have the magnetic strip match up with the card. Alternatively, if I show a picture of an ID and add in my social plus my last few traffic stops or whatever else might be on my record then I'm probably the person I claim to be. Having just the picture enforces two or three step verification, trusting that an ID means anything just lets real criminals do real crime
    02-22-2016 08:36 PM
    Big city, no. Not even close. I gave up arguing with people a long time ago, so if you're so sure about everything you've just said, good for you. I'm moving on. Done here.

muzzy996 and nahoku like this.
    02-22-2016 09:53 PM
    Android pay had been hit or miss with me, and I have a new battery.

02-23-2016 06:07 PM
    I used to use Android Pay until my bank gave me a new card with the chip in it and now it doesnt work.
    When you got the new card did you update the old card in Android Pay?
    I have 2 cards in android pay and went through the same process, got new chip cards and needed to update Android Pay because the expiration dates on both cards were changed when i got the replacements.
    02-24-2016 08:15 AM
    Yeah I did and the first time it worked because my chip card was the same number as my old card. Then my bank sent me another new chip card with a new number and now Android Pay says my bank doesnt support it.
    02-24-2016 08:35 AM
    That sucks. I know the feeling. Part of why i got a Galaxy S6 was to play with Samsung Pay. Only to be disappointing my Wells Fargo card and Capital One card were not supported.
    Both work fine on Android pay. It left me very disappointed in Samsung Pay needless to say.
    02-24-2016 08:39 AM
33 12