Snapchat Overheats my Note 4.

steeledarren

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I recently installed Snapchat on my Note4 but unfortunately it has caused unwanted issues such as freezing the app , closing it down and more noticibly overheating the device. The final straw happened a day ago , while I had at least 20% battery life left and while in the snapchat camera my Note 4 shut down & totally drained the battery life to 0%. I've since deleted the Snapchat app. I'm running on 5.1.1 & look after my device well. Anybody else have this problem with Snapchat. Perhaps Snapchat isn't optimized properly for some android devices ? Darren.

Posted via the Android Central App

Torie W

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I recently installed Snapchat on my Note4 but unfortunately it has caused unwanted issues such as freezing the app , closing it down and more noticibly overheating the device. The final straw happened a day ago , while I had at least 20% battery life left and while in the snapchat camera my Note 4 shut down & totally drained the battery life to 0%. I've since deleted the Snapchat app. I'm running on 5.1.1 & look after my device well. Anybody else have this problem with Snapchat. Perhaps Snapchat isn't optimized properly for some android devices ? Darren.

I've had the app on my Galaxy s4 for a while, and it wasnt until I got a refurbished phone when it started shutting down, freezing, and over heating frequently. I would be on 60%, 50%, and 20% and it'll shut down. It just seems like a virus or something because when I uninstall it my phone doesn't shut off or anything.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Snapchat and many other Social apps like it are built with iPhone in mind and Android 2nd. They do not take the time to properly tailor the app for better power, camera etc...usage on Android.

So that coupled with the fact that you seem to have a battery that is near end of life, is whats causing all the trouble.

I'd say get a new battery, and use Snapchat moderately, its just not well built and is a power hog of an app.

Boutanmalik13

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site

Snap chat overheats the CPU, central processing unit of the phone. It over taxes the CPU with so many different tasks going on. Other apps, widgets, downloading pictures, running the camera, etc.

The CPU has traits of a heart and brain of the phone. Mess up either in a human and their " batter" life is shorter. Well for phones, they can't really read the battery right if their brains arent working right, right?

That and the phone tries to fix itself. When we get thirdty and hot we sweat. When we over work, we rest. Your phone shuts itself down as its resting. When you have enough energy you work as much as you can before resting again.

Hence, the phone needing a higher battery percentage to use the app. The battery compensates for the effort put into running the app. Energy over effort, but that effort is just as ephemeral if not more than the energy itself. Too much effort and there's stress, too much stress, and there's forced rest.

This all leads to damage, to humans and phones.

This is your abnormal 16 year old signing out. Everyone enjoy your information. And I hate that this effects my note 4 as well. I've had to do a lot to keep the app and keep my phone working. Its been a lot of trouble for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1