I've been using the GS5 since last May and have to say it's been a great phone since I've purchased it. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Note 4 at some point this year though. I would love to have a newer phone say the S7, Note 5 or another newer one, but the battery not being removable is a huge issue for me so at least the Note 4 is still available through T-Mobile and they have it on sale a lot for 475.

What do you think? Is it worth it to upgrade to the Note 4? Or should I just keep my GS5 for now and wait to the S7 comes out and see how it fairs with battery life? Or even the Note 6 later this year.
    02-24-2016 12:15 AM
    I am on Verizon and have the Note 4. I have had all of them. It's a great phone. I believe Verizon will have the Note6 in October. Unsure about TM. I would wait. The 6 is suppose to have removable battery and SD card slot. If the cost is a factor the 4 is a good p3hone

Posted via the Android Central App
    huntnyc and Tatt2014 like this.
    02-24-2016 12:21 AM
    The 6 is suppose to have removable battery and SD card slot.
    I heard about the SD slot, but removable battery too? Everything I've read so far hasn't mentioned a removable battery. Did I miss it? Link?
    02-24-2016 12:38 AM
    Note 4 is still a great phone. While we don't have all that much info on performance with marshmallow, it's a champ on lollipop. The only lacking feature that holds it back is compatibility with Samsung pay (mimic the mag strip). It still does nfc but the process is a bit clunky.

02-24-2016 06:54 AM
    I bought my Note 4 this past October over the Note 5 due to the non-removsbke battery and even worse, the lack of an SD card slot. I'm not sure if I'll even go with the Note 6 because all signs point to another non-removable battery. Although I expect them to release the note 6 with at least a 3700mAh battery or more, given the increase with the S7. Bigger the battery the better.

The only issue I have with the note 4 is if you're a power user. If you're app hungry, media hungry, business hungry or use your phone for everything but brushing your teeth, look elsewhere because eventually the phone will annoyingly lag when you need it most. Processor just doesn't seem up to snuff for what I need it for.

But if you're not someone who will go through 2 battery cycles a day, you'll be fine!

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 4... worth purchase?-screenshot_2016-02-24-09-12-10.jpg  
    02-24-2016 09:12 AM
    Couldnt agree more. Love my note 4 but man does it seem to get laggier and laggier.
    Testing out a S6 now and Samsung pay is a huge letdown. Wells Fargo and Capital One card both not supported. Glad they work with Android Pay.
    Even with its somewhat lag from time to time its still a damn good phone.
    02-24-2016 11:12 AM
    It is an excellent device, very much worth buying still. TMO's variant is on sale for the next 2 days too, another 100 bucks off the current price with a promo code. Looks like you have to call or order online to get it though.
    02-24-2016 01:28 PM
    But I'm holding out hope they return the Note series to its former glory. If not will continue to hold onto this Note 4 indefinitely. Still an awesome device!
    Totally agree!
    02-24-2016 04:08 PM
    I finally upgraded my Note 2 to a Note 4 and the HD display is simply incredible. The bump from 2GB to 3GB and 16GB to 32GB was great too. The cameras and features are terrific. I bought it used off EBay for less than $240 and it was pristine (watch out for fakes!). The lack of a replaceable battery was a deal breaker and the S7 announcement sealed it for me. Given Samsung's design/manufacturing practice I am very skeptical of the Note 6 removable battery rumor. I hope I am wrong but the EBay prices were just too tempting. Used Note (4) Edges are also being dumped on Ebay for cheap.
    huntnyc likes this.
    02-24-2016 05:35 PM
    I've been using the GS5 since last May and have to say it's been a great phone since I've purchased it. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Note 4 at some point this year though. I would love to have a newer phone say the S7, Note 5 or another newer one, but the battery not being removable is a huge issue for me so at least the Note 4 is still available through T-Mobile and they have it on sale a lot for 475.

What do you think? Is it worth it to upgrade to the Note 4? Or should I just keep my GS5 for now and wait to the S7 comes out and see how it fairs with battery life? Or even the Note 6 later this year.
    I've had both and like 99% of the time I really prefer the Note 4 over the S5. The 1% of the time I don't prefer it is on the rare occasion that I need to use my phone with 1 hand. S5 was basically the largest I could go and still use it with 1 hand without any struggle. Can't do it with the Note 4. And the swipe command for 1 handed operation just seems to be a pita to activate on the first try.
    02-24-2016 10:13 PM
    With all the hype surrounding the S7, I have been thinking about upgrading my S5 ... but I've been looking at the Note 4 the larger display, and s pen are the things I've looking forward to (with removable battery and sd card being added perks). With the cost being essentially half of the brand new flagships, I figured the slight boost in performance and features would get me plenty excited - and the general consensus seems to be the note 4 is still a badass phone.

Android Central App | S5 G900A kitkat root
    03-08-2016 01:17 AM
    With all the hype surrounding the S7, I have been thinking about upgrading my S5 ... but I've been looking at the Note 4 the larger display, and s pen are the things I've looking forward to (with removable battery and sd card being added perks). With the cost being essentially half of the brand new flagships, I figured the slight boost in performance and features would get me plenty excited - and the general consensus seems to be the note 4 is still a badass phone.

Android Central App | S5 G900A kitkat root
    I recently purchased a new note 4 for Verizon without upgrade to keep my UDP. To me, it seems to be about perfect, having tried the Nexuses 5x and 6, Motorola X Pure, and the S6 Edge. For the sake of transparency, I picked the Note 4 so that I didn't have to carry my LTE Galaxy Tab S 8.4" along with me everywhere.

That all said, the best device is the one you'll use when you need it, not the one you're always waiting for.
    huntnyc likes this.
    03-08-2016 11:11 PM
    I haven't had interest in any phone that's come since the Note 4. I bought mine used off Swappa and it's still running well. I did just put a new ROM on it though. Every new phone since then has been missing one or two things the 4 has. I said I'll consider the 6, but like others have mentioned, they at least have to bring back the SD card slot.
    huntnyc and nahoku like this.
    03-09-2016 09:35 AM
    Note 4 is my first phone. So far, it has been bulletproof and I very much prefer the Samsung enhancements over stock Android.
    nahoku and huntnyc like this.
    03-10-2016 08:19 PM
    So thankful that I went with a T-Mobile version to use my AT&T SIM in . . running custom ROM (Tekxodus for now) keeps this thing fresh so I can wait things out in the hopes that Samsung returns the Note line to what it once was. Not sure what the future holds, may have to give up the replaceable battery as much as it pains me to do so . . but for now I'm content to run this thing into the ground.
    nahoku and huntnyc like this.
    03-10-2016 10:40 PM
    I purchased a Samsung note 4 for $180 on Toadlane.com and I like Samsungs way more than I like the iPhone because of the removable battery.

07-24-2016 07:44 PM