S Beam not working on my Note 4

lorih59

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I just got a note 4 a month ago and the s beam will not work. Everythings on, and it's really bothering me. Any help or suggestions please!!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is failing? S-Beam requires the other phone you're using it with to also have S-Beam and NFC enabled and it won't work on all apps.

lorih59

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes i understand how it works..... Mine phone says its working but doesn't detect other phones. It won't send or receive. I called Samsung they said maybe the software

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you tapping both phones together to initiate the transfer? If you are, do you get any vibration when tapping the two together or nothing at all? Does the other phone 'detect' yours?

lorih59

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes i am tapping the phones together, holding them back to back. I know how to sbeam I've done it a million times. No vibration, nothing......

lorih59

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Just tried installing the beam update and tried to sbeam with my old s4. Nothing, my note 4 isn't putting a signal out or something. The s4 want detecting it. Is this something that can be fixed?

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Just tried installing the beam update and tried to sbeam with my old s4. Nothing, my note 4 isn't putting a signal out or something. The s4 want detecting it. Is this something that can be fixed?
The NFC antenna is on the phone's battery. Some non OEM batteries for the Note 4 do not have the NFC antenna. Is it possible that your Note 4 has such a battery?

Larry

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to make sure... when you say OEM you mean a 3rd party OEM or a REAL Samsung one? If so, maybe it's got a defective NFC antenna. Is there a way you can try anything else NFC? Android Pay, an NFC Tag somewhere, maybe NFC-enabled headphones? If those don't work, I'd look at replacing the battery.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I meant something other than S Beam transfers. Just trying to figure out if it's your s-beam software or if the nfc chip is busted.

lorih59

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I dont have android pay or anything. What is an NFC card and how does it get replaced? Also, i was going to wait for the software update to see if that fixes it.....

lorih59

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to switch batteries with my friend to see if that's what it is.... Her phone works perfectly. But that is the same battery that i just bought

lorih59

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I traded batteries with my boyfriend..... All of a sudden the beam works...... Thanks for the tips!