Is it possible to hide widgets so that they aren't cluttering up my widget tray? There are a lot of widgets that I'll never use so I really would prefer to not have to scroll through them to find what I want.

Using the attached pic as an example, I would rather hide each of those widgets, which would eliminate an entire page to scroll through. So many apps have their own widgets, but they're widgets I'd never ever use. Any way to hide them so they don't appear? Basically the same as I do with bloatware/stock apps that I don't need or use. Or am I just stuck with them?
    Attached Thumbnails Hiding Widgets From Widget Tray-1457030139693.jpg  
    03-03-2016 12:41 PM
    Delete them. If you ever need them again you can install them back

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-03-2016 04:50 PM
    That's pretty much what I'm asking how to do.

Or do you mean to delete (uninstall) the app? Because I don't want to do that. The app may be something I use regularly, I just have no need for the widget that comes with it. I only want to get rid of the widget so that my widget tray isn't so cluttered.
    03-04-2016 11:21 AM
    That tray is designed to show ALL the widgets available on your phone. This includes ones that are part of programs that you may use regularly. One shouldn't need to go into their widget tray unless they're looking to add a widget to a screen.
    03-05-2016 06:50 PM
    No way! For real? You only go to the widget tray when you need to add a widget? Thanks for the insight. You're totally amazeballs.

OF COURSE I only go to my widget tray when I want to add a widget. Sometimes I like to change the widgets that are on my screen. Sometimes I might have a use for a particular widget, but only for a short period of time and then I take it off my screen.

I change stuff up on my phone quite often, sometimes out of need and sometimes out of want or boredom. Whatever the reason for my wanting to add a widget, I'd like to ONLY see the widgets that I actually use when I open the widget tray.

It's a simple question. Can this be done? There are only 2 possible answers.

"Yes," followed by some instructions on how to do it.

Or a simple "no."

That's it. That's the list.
    03-06-2016 01:24 AM
    It displays ALL AVAILABLE widgets. Can't hide them. Simple as that.
    03-06-2016 02:05 AM