Samsung Note 4 [Android 5.1.1] Trouble

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello community,

I'm having massive performance problems on my Note 4 using Android Lollipop Version 5.1.1. I constantly have performance issues and bugs. I have screen freezes, Apps open up very slowly. Does anyone has the same problems?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried a reboot or a cache clear in recovery?

Yes! I put the device into recovery mode and cleared the system cache but it doesn't really solve the performance problems. Everything is still slow. Is there any way to get in touch with the Android Devs directly? I'm kind of stressed out because there seems to be nobody having the same issues!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I put the device into recovery mode and cleared the system cache but it doesn't really solve the performance problems. Everything is still slow. Is there any way to get in touch with the Android Devs directly? I'm kind of stressed out because there seems to be nobody having the same issues!
You probably want to contact Samsung. In Settings>about device, is there a feedback option?

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
You probably want to contact Samsung. In Settings>about device, is there a feedback option?

I can't see a feedback option. I was thinking about contacting a Android support because the problems started after the system update to Android 5.1.1. Since I tried the system recovery and everything I'm starting to think that it might be the device itself that has a problem.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
thinking about contacting a Android support
Heads up: If you contact Google, they can only really help if you have a Nexus device. The reason being, that once an OEM makes changes to Android, it technically is their issue. I tried contacting LG about a bug (can't remember specifically, something related to the power button on the lock screen I think) in the G4 and they told me to contact Google. I tried telling them, it's their ROM, their issue. The rep insisted I call Google. Google then confirmed that if it was a Nexus he'd be able to help.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I can't see a feedback option. I was thinking about contacting a Android support because the problems started after the system update to Android 5.1.1. Since I tried the system recovery and everything I'm starting to think that it might be the device itself that has a problem.

Did you do a FULL FACTORY reset after install of the 5.1.1? There have been many testimonies, here and other places, that "some" folks have issues after update, if they don't do full reset. I for one had that issue long ago....so, on every major update, I perform a full reset. If you haven't done that, I'd do it before I contacted Samsung.

EDIT: Sorry, as it looks like you did full recovery.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
GolfDriver97,

Couldn't he use Odin, to flash another copy of 5.1.1? Perhaps his recovery file on his phone is corrupted?

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Heads up: If you contact Google, they can only really help if you have a Nexus device. The reason being, that once an OEM makes changes to Android, it technically is their issue. I tried contacting LG about a bug (can't remember specifically, something related to the power button on the lock screen I think) in the G4 and they told me to contact Google. I tried telling them, it's their ROM, their issue. The rep insisted I call Google. Google then confirmed that if it was a Nexus he'd be able to help.

Hehe! I will try to keep it up! I will talk Samsung first and then I will see what they tell me. I will keep you posted about the progress! Thank you very much indeed for all the help you provided!

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Did you do a FULL FACTORY reset after install of the 5.1.1? There have been many testimonies, here and other places, that "some" folks have issues after update, if they don't do full reset. I for one had that issue long ago....so, on every major update, I perform a full reset. If you haven't done that, I'd do it before I contacted Samsung.

EDIT: Sorry, as it looks like you did full recovery.

Hi Heaterz,

I put my device into recovery mode and followed these steps:

1. Press Power, Volume Up and Home simultaneously
2. Wait until the phone vibrates and then release Power and Home
3. You should now see the recovery screen. Use the volume buttons to move and select Wipe Cache Partition.
4. Press the Power button to confirm.
5. Select Reboot System Now and again, hit Power to confirm.

If this is considered a full recovery I have done it!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
GolfDriver97,

Couldn't he use Odin, to flash another copy of 5.1.1? Perhaps his recovery file on his phone is corrupted?
That could very likely help. If the latest update was bad, etc. I would only suggest reflashing the current version, as going back too far can cause other issues like bricking the device.

If the OP is near a Best Buy with a Samsung kiosk, they may be able to do it for him. Better to let the pros possibly screw up...hehe.

OP: if you choose to have the ROM reflashed, back everything up you don't want to lose. As I recall, Odin wipes everything.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Heaterz,

I put my device into recovery mode and followed these steps:

1. Press Power, Volume Up and Home simultaneously
2. Wait until the phone vibrates and then release Power and Home
3. You should now see the recovery screen. Use the volume buttons to move and select Wipe Cache Partition.
4. Press the Power button to confirm.
5. Select Reboot System Now and again, hit Power to confirm.

If this is considered a full recovery I have done it!

No sir, that's not, as Golfdriver97 mentioned. I highly recommend, backing up everything (photos, contacts) and doing Factory Reset See Below:

GOTO:
Settings
Backup And Reset
Factory Data Reset

I absolutely do this, every time. but that's just me.

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Wipe cache is not the same as a reset. It's a good first step as it's not as intrusive as a reset, though.

No sir, that's not, as Golfdriver97 mentioned. I highly recommend, backing up everything (photos, contacts) and doing Factory Reset See Below:

GOTO:
Settings
Backup And Reset
Factory Data Reset

I absolutely do this, every time. but that's just me.

I will fully backup my device now and do the complete reset! Let's see if this solves my problem! Thank you to both of you!

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey Golf, hey Heaterz,

I made a full back up of my device now and made a full reset. I will observe this now for one or two weeks to finally see if this worked. So far it looks pretty good and my Note 4 is working really smooth. Thank you again! =)

Best

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Golf, hey Heaterz,

I made a full back up of my device now and made a full reset. I will observe this now for one or two weeks to finally see if this worked. So far it looks pretty good and my Note 4 is working really smooth. Thank you again! =)

Best

I know its only been about a day, but how has everything been holding up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800