Samsung Note 4 [Android 5.1.1] Trouble

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy so far! It works pretty solid! But I will keep you posted! :)

I'm glad that seemed to work for you :)
Sometimes some old information gets caught up during an update. This happens with all operating systems when a major update is done. Android, Windows, MacOS, and even iOS sometimes gets messed up during an update.
Sometimes clearing the Cache is all it takes, other times you just have to bite the bullet and wipe everything out.

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad that seemed to work for you :)
Sometimes some old information gets caught up during an update. This happens with all operating systems when a major update is done. Android, Windows, MacOS, and even iOS sometimes gets messed up during an update.
Sometimes clearing the Cache is all it takes, other times you just have to bite the bullet and wipe everything out.

I hesitated to do it because of the data backups due to high workload! But it was the right way! For me it works great! Thank you guys :)

Gorn

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I am/was having this problem as well. It seemed to have started randomly this past weekend. My Note4 has been a stellar performer. I purged the system cache and it started performing much better; however, I have had two random reboots. Maybe it just had to get those out of its system. If the cache clearing didn't work, I guess I will apply a factory reset.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am/was having this problem as well. It seemed to have started randomly this past weekend. My Note4 has been a stellar performer. I purged the system cache and it started performing much better; however, I have had two random reboots. Maybe it just had to get those out of its system. If the cache clearing didn't work, I guess I will apply a factory reset.

Let us know how many goes.

ELIXIR49

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
How exactly does a factory reset work? If I back up and reset will I lose all my messages? From textra, email, etc etc? My lay out, my apps, etc. I also have frostwire, I downloaded music, will I lose that music once it's been factory reset?
Do I remove micro SD card?
My battery life has been more than horrible since the 5.1.1 update. I'm always on 3g as well. I'm with Verizon and I should be getting 4g LTE. But I am not.
I have cleared cache, but never a reset.
Please help.

Posted via the Android Central App

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How exactly does a factory reset work? If I back up and reset will I lose all my messages? From textra, email, etc etc? My lay out, my apps, etc. I also have frostwire, I downloaded music, will I lose that music once it's been factory reset? Some, but not all, apps can be backed up to your google account. Others keep their information on your SD card. I can't say for sure about Textra and frostwire.
Do I remove micro SD card? It's not necessary, but if you would feel more comfortable knowing that the factory reset can't touch it, than by all means, pull the card out before wiping it. I personally do, just in case.
My battery life has been more than horrible since the 5.1.1 update. Battery life on 5.1.1 (I'm on T-Mobile) has been stellar. I listen to Pandora or Google Play Music literally all night at work, on LTE (9-12hrs depending on the night) and always have enough charge left to more than get me through breakfast in the morning.
I'm always on 3g as well. I'm with Verizon and I should be getting 4g LTE. But I am not. Do other Verizon users get LTE where you are? If they are, a reset MAY fix it, but a visit to your Verizon dealer may be in order
I have cleared cache, but never a reset.
Please help.

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site

Thank you for the input mate! So far I'm not having problems anymore! I hope it stays like that! Keep us posted how it goes though!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
How exactly does a factory reset work? If I back up and reset will I lose all my messages? From textra, email, etc etc? My lay out, my apps, etc. I also have frostwire, I downloaded music, will I lose that music once it's been factory reset?

Take precautions to protect your data by using apps like app list backup to save a list of apps you use, sms backup and restore to backup texts and copying your photos and music off of the phone to a pc. As for email it depends on the account type, if Gmail you need not do a thing but if something else. .

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Today was a new update released! I will update now and let you know how that works.. Kind of scared here! hehe..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc