Hi everyone, so I moved a few apps to my sd card to try and speed up my phone and now my card does not seem to be working right. I moved a couple of games and a few other minor apps (through application manager). It greyed out all of the apps and now I can't use them. I go to my app manager and press move to device storage and I get "Unable to move application" error. This morning the phone was restarting on its own and error messages randomly pop up about apps not working. I had a bit of success by uninstalling a couple of apps and reinstalling them on my device but I cannot seem to access my sd card. I can't even play the music I have stored on the card. I have only had this for a couple months and not impressed with these problems! Any ideas how to fix? Thanks for any help!
    03-05-2016 12:55 PM
    By the way, I am running 5.1.1 on my Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2016 01:06 PM
    Sounds like your SD card is corrupt or failing. What make and model is it?

Posted from my kicking Samsung Note4 on Lollipop 5.1.1
    03-05-2016 02:12 PM
    Sounds like your SD card is corrupt or failing. What make and model is it?

Posted from my kicking Samsung Note4 on Lollipop 5.1.1
    That's my first thought as well. Same thing happened to me about a year ago because I tried being cheap and thought that the 64gb card for $10 on ebay would work just fine.

Oops.
    03-05-2016 02:20 PM
    I'm struggling with my SD too. From time to time some of my stuff stored on Samsung Evo 64GB become corrupted. Mp3's jpg's and etc - become unreadable. Everything has started when I unlocked my SD when I was on 4.4.4.
    03-05-2016 04:22 PM
    Only thing I can think of with my limited knowledge is to back up everything on your SD card...move to device storage, pc, or cloud...and try reformatting the card. Then put a copy of everything back on the SD card and see if the problem persists.

Also, before you reformat your card, you can run some recovery software to try and get your lost files back.
    03-06-2016 11:08 AM
    Formatting doesn't work. 64GB of wasted space & money just because of new SD restrictions rules. 5.1.1 didn't solve the problem as well.
    03-07-2016 01:50 AM
    Thanks for the replies all. So now this has gotten even more weird. I am trying the sd card, which is a Sandisk ultra, in my old Galaxy S4 and it works there. I am trying to transfer all my files now and then may try wiping it and starting over on the Note 4. How can it not be recognized by the Note 4 but still works on my old phone? The card is obviously not corrupt if I can still use it on the S4. Sure wishing I would have gone with the S6 when I had the chance...
    03-13-2016 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the replies all. So now this has gotten even more weird. I am trying the sd card, which is a Sandisk ultra, in my old Galaxy S4 and it works there. I am trying to transfer all my files now and then may try wiping it and starting over on the Note 4. How can it not be recognized by the Note 4 but still works on my old phone? The card is obviously not corrupt if I can still use it on the S4. Sure wishing I would have gone with the S6 when I had the chance...
    Different version of Android on the older phone? Sometimes the newer versions aren't better.
    03-13-2016 05:36 PM