2011 Cadillac SRX Luxury
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with all recent updates

I'm having a weird problem with Bluetooth and contacts from my phone. For some reason, though they worked before, now my contacts have stopped uploading from my phone to the car. Here's what I've tried so far to solve the problem:

1. Power down phone, pull battery, reboot.
    2. Unpair and repair the phone and car.
    3. Unpair, delete device from car, repair.
    4. Unpair, deleve device from car, delete all Bluetooth data (including cache) from phone

Despite all of these efforts, I cannot get my phone's contacts to appear on the car phone screen. And, yes, when I repair the phone and the car, I tick the button allowing the phone to share contacts with the car.

And, as a data point, the call lists (incoming, outgoing, missed) are also not appearing in the car phone screen. So, to me, it clearly sounds like the phone and car aren't "talking" to each other properly.

If anyone has any ideas how to solve this annoyance, I'd sure appreciate hearing them!

Thanks!
    03-06-2016 10:55 AM
    Welcome back! I'm not sure if this will help, but when I've encountered this kind of issue in the past, I found that it would help to go open Contacts, tap Menu>Contacts to Display, and choose Customize instead of All.
    03-06-2016 01:28 PM
    Diddy --

I have several accounts on my phone. There's only one account that I care about in terms of syncing contacts with my car. Are you suggesting that when I go into the customize settings, I only tick that account?

Thank you VERY much for your help!
    03-06-2016 04:58 PM
    Actually, no--in the customize menu, you can still select all contact groups. In my experience, this would somehow work better than selecting the actual All option. But it might not help in your case.
    Android Scott likes this.
    03-07-2016 10:23 AM
    Diddy - Before I got your response, I went in and only ticked the one account that I care about. That seems to have solved the problem, or else it solved itself somehow.

I appreciate your help and advice!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-09-2016 12:11 AM