I've got a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 5.1.1, and recently, when I've left it charging for a while, sometimes immediately when starting charging, the screen goes black and a text to speech bot activates, asking me to install a VR application. I don't even own a Gear VR, and would just really like this to stop, as it's getting on my nerves... I can't even operate it when it goes into this mode.

Often, the only option to get out is to remove the battery and restart the phone. I uninstalled all applications that have anything to do with VR, but it insists on running this anyway. In fact, it seems to be under the impression that a Gear VR is attached to it, as sometimes I can see things on the screen, but mirrored next to each other, and when my phone has rebooted after reinserting the battery, the screen rotation function is disabled.

If anyone knows how to remove this annoying 'feature', it would be greatly appreciated!
    03-07-2016 02:51 PM
    You might try Debloater to stop the VR apps from starting/running. The program is free. Read this thread. I use it on my Note 4 to disable a lot of system apps I don't need running, including the VR stuff. Note that you have to be careful about what you disable... especially anything to do with the lockscreen mechanism, or you'll find yourself having to do a factory reset. If you have any questions, join the XDA forum and ask questions in the thread... gatesjunior, the developer, will certainly get back to you.

Another choice is Package Disabler Pro on Playstore. This does basically the same thing as Debloater, but you have to pay for it. I think the dev for this app probably got the idea from gatesjunior since Debloater came out first.
    03-08-2016 03:58 PM