Can't play my music from the SD card

z657

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

I've had my Note 4 for a while and I bought a SanDisk SD card to store my music and pictures. However, when I put music on there, it'll pop up on the music player, but when it plays, it either blips and screams, just totally skip the song, or says it can't play because it's the wrong format. All my music that I have is .mp3 or .wma, so the format has been ruled out...

If it's on the internal memory, it works fine. What could be the issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

z657

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a bad memory card

Really? This is the second card that is doing that. The first one was a generic one and the second one is the SanDisk. I've done research that it may be like a software issue....don't know how true this is, but something isn't right.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Either that or it really is a format issue. Can we presume the exact same files play fine on other devices/computers?

Who ripped the MP3s, what specific path did you put them in and what specific music apps have you tried?

z657

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Either that or it really is a format issue. Can we presume the exact same files play fine on other devices/computers?

Who ripped the MP3s, what specific path did you put them in and what specific music apps have you tried?

Yes they do. I stream off of my desktop and play music through my laptop as well. Idk what's going on. I tried one other thing where I made a folder and put some songs in there and they suddenly disappeared.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Where did you get your SD card from? It still seems like the results of a bad card. I ask "where" as there are a lot of counterfeit cards on the internet, some are very hard to identify just by looking at them. Now if you got it from a local retailer (best buy, walmart, etc...) we can safely rule that out.

There is also the very small possibility that the files, although in standard wma or mp3 format, are still at a bitrate that isn't supported by the phone, but is supported by the computer.

z657

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get your SD card from? It still seems like the results of a bad card. I ask "where" as there are a lot of counterfeit cards on the internet, some are very hard to identify just by looking at them. Now if you got it from a local retailer (best buy, walmart, etc...) we can safely rule that out.

There is also the very small possibility that the files, although in standard wma or mp3 format, are still at a bitrate that isn't supported by the phone, but is supported by the computer.

Got it from eBay. This seemed like a legit card.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-11-21-45-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-11-21-45-14.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 42

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
First thing I notice in the photo that z657 posted is that the rated speed on the packaging is suspect. Looking at Samsung's site and at listings on Amazon it should say 80MB/sec not 48MB/sec. Makes me go hmmmm...

z657

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
First thing I notice in the photo that z657 posted is that the rated speed on the packaging is suspect. Looking at Samsung's site and at listings on Amazon it should say 80MB/sec not 48MB/sec. Makes me go hmmmm...

This is true. I didn't catch that at first... come to find out that it is fake.

z657

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I ran that SD INSIGHT yesterday and found out it is fake. So....went to Walgreens and got a 64gb for the time being and using that. Music plays fine and everything...even taking pics it saves a LOT quicker! That helped alot. Thanks nahoku.

z657

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Muzzy996, I didn't notice that at first. Good eye there..

Brew Swayne, that is true. I saw the price and was like oh snap. Let me get this "steal"... Had a feeling about it at first, but didn't listen to my mind..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance