Note 4 Battery Won't Fully Charge

papabear4jc

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My battery won't charge above 88%. I have replaced the battery, tried a different charger, wiped my phone, and even tried wiping the cache. I am at a loss of what to do now.

MavenGa

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY the same problem as you. Charged till 88% and got stuck. I've tried many ways and came up with 2 solutions.
First one is you have to take out your battery everytime you charged up to 88%. When u put it back and boot your phone it will show 100%.
The second way which I find way more convinient, is to dial *#0228# and press Quick Start. I dont know what this action actually does, but it messes with my battery reading percentage and sort of calibrate it so it will show the correct reading. I do this every other day. Works till now.
Hope it helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

mred

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm dealing with this right now as well. Brought my Note 4 to an official samsung service center and they diagnosed the problem as the charging port board and replaced it. I got my phone back with a previous ver of Android OS and it charged to 100% without problem. The next day I updated to Android 6.0.1 and now it won't charge past 88%.

Brian W1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Mine stops at 72% though. I have found I can pull the battery and reinstall and it will raise the percentage some, but 100% has only been possible on my car charger. Samsung needs to push out an update to fix this. I have to wonder if it isn't to make people leave the note 4 and get the new note 7 handicapped by an internal battery.

BigwhiteUK

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Have the Note 4 N910F on marshmallow 6.1 and battery charges to %100 using the supplied charger

Posted via the Android Central App

Lip9571

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone managed to fix this problem yet. I've tried recovery and clear cache and still doesn't make a difference. My gf is brand new she's only had it a weekey now and it won't charge past 86% unless she takes the battery out ..

I've checked battery calibration app and when it gets to 86% it showseems the same mv as it does when it's at 100%..

Don't know if to send the phone back and get it replaced but if it's a marshmallow bug is there a good chance it will happen again

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Try the battery calibration app that is included in Root Essentials by SuperThomasLab. You do not need to be rooted to use that part of the tools. Do follow the instructions though.

It does a very good job of recalibration.

Vic76

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
That's what I notices as soon as I did the update. Battery charges up to 88%; as I'm using it unplugged the phone just shuts off and it won't turn on unless I have it charging! !!

San Jay

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
For me its been random. sometimes 76, somtimes 80+, sometimes only 60+ and yes sometimes when the Gods are shining upon it I see 100%.

Tried various things: Clearing cache partition, removing reinstating battery, charging with Android not running, Drain fully then charge again.

Most of these don't work, but the last one I had some success with i.e. drain your battery fully. Then charge it (without turning on Android) and it may go to 100%. This I believe recalibrates Android .. but I am guessing.

Android sucks when it comes to understanding battery life and why there is battery drain. I think Android users spend too much time in the mysteries of the battery :p.

Hidenhope

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Battery not fully charging?
Its Fixed*.
Just follow my procedure.It helped me.Pretty sure it will help you too.
1.Go to settings.
2.Navigate to battery.
3.Enable fast charging.
Thumbs up if it help you.
Post your result after testing.