Note 4 losses 4G signal, but signal is good! Why is this happening?

A

AC Question

Note 4 losses 4G signal, but signal is good!

Samsung Note 4. Gets 4G signal 4 to 5 bars, then looses it and goes to 3G. Rarely goes back to 4G. I have changed the sim card, wiped the cache, reset the phone and erased all user data. All to no avail. NO apps currently installed and it doesn't make a difference. Phone used to be rock solid and have 4G all the time. My wife and kids phone have good signal strength 4G sitting right next to me, but I am stuck with 3G. Any idea why I loose a 4 to 5 bar 4G signal and go to 3G when all around me stay on 4G? Using Verizon.....phone was never dropped, etc
so frustrated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What does Verizon say about this? It's possible the phone's antenna might be faulty. The phone isn't still under warranty, is it?

tgergenm3

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
No longer under warranty. Verizon isn't sure of the issue. I think you are probably right though. I have tried all the software fixes. I get 4G sometimes...and then it pops to 3G or 1x. Totally random. Seems like maybe a solder joint is broke or something. I may just open up the phone and see if I get lucky. Not much to loose at this point! LOL Thanks for your reply B. Diddy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21