Still not ready to depart from my note 4.

Canuckle215

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I love my Note 4. Especially considering it cost me nothing (traded in my Note 3 with a double trade-in value, and Note 4 was on special).

However, expanded memory. Any card I've put in it eventually starts causing my Note 4 to reboot, excessive battery drain, etc. Even after a wipe, fresh install.

Get rid of the card, phone is fine. Heck, gave my latest 128GB EVO to my daughter to use in her Moto E. :'(

Other than that little glitch, I love my Note 4. It does everything I want, and quick. Looking forward to the Note 6.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with my Note 4 and not the slightest bit interested in changing any time soon. As of now, no other phone on the market offers the features I use daily.

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The edge curved screen to me seems weird.. So for those who feel the same the Note 6 will essentially be the S7+ non edge.

I really hope they add removable battery back in.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The trouble with ANY new phone if u are on VZW is they no longer have 2 radios. I think the note 4 is the last phone by anybody with 2 radios. Why go back to undependable simultaneous voice and data that only works on volte or wifi? Any new vzw phone with VoLTE drops a call automatically if you drive through a 3G zone which I do all the time.

Heck, I'm still on note 3 and although I love the big battery on edge 7 and the great camera and the smaller screen I just hate to lose led notifications that are dependable, simultaneous voice and data in 3G as well as LTE, IR blaster, and removable battery. I have the samsung wireless charging back too so I don't lose that.

I do crave a new phone though. I almost bought the note 5 and actually went to BestBuy to get an edge 7 (out of stock) . I still might but will keep the note 3 and switch back and forth.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Glad to see there's much love for the Note 4. My S5 is finally crapping out after nearly 2 years of ownership (gyro fail and my heart rate monitor isn't reading), and figured now would be a good time to upgrade ... but not to the S7. I snagged a Note 4 910C variant, I didn't want the carrier bloatware and am really excited to do some real multitasking (that Wacom-powered S Pen should be a real treat for creating some art). Can't wait to receive it and join the Note club.

Posted via the Android Central App

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Glad to see there's much love for the Note 4. My S5 is finally crapping out after nearly 2 years of ownership (gyro fail and my heart rate monitor isn't reading), and figured now would be a good time to upgrade ... but not to the S7. I snagged a Note 4 910C variant, I didn't want the carrier bloatware and am really excited to do some real multitasking (that Wacom-powered S Pen should be a real treat for creating some art). Can't wait to receive it and join the Note club.

Congratulations you've made a very smart choice, best phone Samsung has ever built by far. and given the direction they've went since last year I'm not so sure they'll ever top that awesome phone.

Feel free to ask for tips, apps :)

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Must say what still gets me with the Note 4 is how brilliant the Camera is despite being almost 2years old now.

I recorded my mates pre-engagement speech in HD1080P@60FPS and then we watched it on his 55inch LG smart tv, and I was simply blown away at how crystal clear and stable the video was.

Another thing is the Display, even next to a friend's iPhone 6S Plus, the almost 2yearold Note 4 simply blows the iPhone out the water.

The Note 4 truly was the pinnacle of how a huge amount of great smartphone hardware can be packed into a well built package. I hope the Note6 brings back the IR Blaster, but I doubt we will see the return of Removable battery and textured rear cover.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Used to love my Note 4 but for the last few months, the phone has become somewhat of a burden. It's sluggish and slow to respond. There seems to be endless connectivity issues with wifi and 3/4G connections. TouchWiz is laggy as hell too.

The only thing left for me to try is a hard reset which I'm planning on doing in the next few days. I'm currently downloading an update which may, or may not resolve a number of issues.

I've got about 8 months left on my contract and if there was a definite alternative out there for me at the moment, I'd seriously consider an early upgrade. I really miss Windows Phone and love the look of the 950XL but the lack of apps is the major factor that pushed me to Android in the first place. I haven't warmed to the iPhone at all so that is out of the question....

So, that leaves another Android device as the most likely to succeed the Note 4. The S7/Edge seems nice enough but not quite good enough to keep me interested for the next 2 years.

It looks like I'm going to have to wait until November before moving on or choosing my next Android device....

Unless the system update or reset works wonders!

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Despite all my gripes with the Note 4, the camera is still good. Although, it has to be said, only for static images in good lighting. It struggles in low light and when the object is moving.

It would be great if manual controls (focus, iso, shutter speed etc) were enabled for users.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
There's a lot to be said about the Note 4. I love all the features it has, the display, the size, the camera, even Touchwiz. I bought Nova almost a year ago, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why people like it so much! Nova on my tablet is even worse! Won't get into it here.

The only negative I've found on the Note 4 is the Bluetooth radio being weak. I'm guessing it's all the interference from other radios in such a small package... or, just a piece of junk BT radio. However, I only experience BT problems with headphones, and not while it's connected to my car. Other than that, I've not experienced any of the problems people constantly report on the forums... anywhere. It makes me think my phone is simply awesome and special! LOL!

I love my Note 4. It's going to take a "TON of phone" to make me even think about replacing it.

Oh, and yes... Kitkat is still the bomb!

imeem

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got mines this year and it's brand new too (made in Jan.) This was the like the last smartphone that has removable battery AND good battery life. I would have bought the S7 edge or the note 6 at launch or a year later, but it doesn't have removable battery. I paid full price for this phone so I intend to use it until it dies. And battery wouldn't be a issue since I can just buy a new one later on. I just need to make sure that I buy 1 before third party OEM stops making them.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I have to share how these two new batteries have made my Note 4 like new again. I'm back to getting the same kind of on-screen time I used to get when the original two, now almost 1.5 years old, were new. Even so, no worries of getting low on a charge while out and about today and probably on in to the night as the other new fully charged spare is in my pocket to get back to an immediate full charge again. I'll be good to go into tomorrow morning (this is what function over form is all about)! :) Let's see those sealed/embedded battery phones do that! ;)
Did you buy your batteries from Samsung's website, or from somewhere else?

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Used to love my Note 4 but for the last few months, the phone has become somewhat of a burden. It's sluggish and slow to respond. There seems to be endless connectivity issues with wifi and 3/4G connections. TouchWiz is laggy as hell too.

The only thing left for me to try is a hard reset which I'm planning on doing in the next few days. I'm currently downloading an update which may, or may not resolve a number of issues.

I've got about 8 months left on my contract and if there was a definite alternative out there for me at the moment, I'd seriously consider an early upgrade. I really miss Windows Phone and love the look of the 950XL but the lack of apps is the major factor that pushed me to Android in the first place. I haven't warmed to the iPhone at all so that is out of the question....

So, that leaves another Android device as the most likely to succeed the Note 4. The S7/Edge seems nice enough but not quite good enough to keep me interested for the next 2 years.

It looks like I'm going to have to wait until November before moving on or choosing my next Android device....

Unless the system update or reset works wonders!

Have you cleared your cache? If not, I'll explain how. Do you have any apps that you no longer need? Are there settings that are on that you don't need that can be disabled? If you don't like Touchwiz, download another Launcher from the play store. I prefer Action Launcher 3 and Aviate but there are tons more to choose from with several different features. Nova Launcher seems very popular.

no advertisements here.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought two from AC's store Shop Android, but not sure they're genuine as they don't have the water damage sticker on the top edge and they didn't come in any kind of retail packaging (just a plastic bag) both of which have also been reported in reviews on Amazon for what were supposed to be OEM batteries that either didn't charge fully in the phone or died after a month of use. So far I haven't had any problems with them after about 3 weeks. But even so, I decided to order two directly from Samsung as insurance (suspect Note 6 will most likely have a sealed/embedded battery so will be keeping this Note 4 indefinitely), but they're still on backorder two weeks later now.
Ok thanks. I'm looking into getting at least a replacement battery for the one that came with my phone, because my phone goes into a boot loop when I have less than 20% battery left.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
@Alex Wetzel - For what it's worth the Anker batteries are pretty decent and they stand by their products. I had one of their Note 4 batteries swell on me 4 months or so after purchase so I contacted them about it and they sent me an entire kit (2 batteries and the charger) for free. That new set is doing well.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
@Alex Wetzel - For what it's worth the Anker batteries are pretty decent and they stand by their products. I had one of their Note 4 batteries swell on me 4 months or so after purchase so I contacted them about it and they sent me an entire kit (2 batteries and the charger) for free. That new set is doing well.

This is interesting. I may just have to buy up from given the Note 6 may not be a good enough upgrade from the Note 4.

no advertisements here.

Cloud182

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Don't buy this ****ty note 5. No external batt, no memory, Bluetooth keeps dropping.. Wait for 6 coming this October. I still bring my dependable note 3 everytime.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Just now bought another Note 4 spare battery from AC... $26.95. Also bought 2 of the Samsung headsets... which are a bit overpriced, but had to make the free shipping requirement. Don't use headsets too often, but needed one anyways since my old one broke, and the other one for my brother, who by the way, also owns a Note 4!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't buy this ****ty note 5. No external batt, no memory, Bluetooth keeps dropping.. Wait for 6 coming this October. I still bring my dependable note 3 everytime.
You should sell that Note 5 before the Note 6 comes out. You should still get a good price right now.