Folder Icons in Marshmellow (Sprint)

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
My first impression of the new folder icons in Marshmellow is that they are ugly. I liked the ones in the prior version. Can anyone point me to a package that may have some better looking folder icons?

Posted via the Android Central App

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
So that means they've updated Touchwiz.

Do you have the Theme Store?
Can you take a screenshot of the icons?

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So that means they've updated Touchwiz.

Do you have the Theme Store?
Can you take a screenshot of the icons?

They did update TW a bit, mostly Icon and some other minor changes but no Theme Store or Grid size changes.
They do add the function to have SPen take notes with the phone off (like the Note 5) and also added the Note 5 AIR Command which is pretty cool.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Aahh,

Well that's nice at least. If I got by without it this long, I can live without it period.

At least we get some of the UI enhancements.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, I hate the Note 5 Air Command menu with a passion. Have it in Tekxodus ROM on my Note 4 on 5.1.1 and hate it. I wouldn't consider it a UI enhancement. Dimming the screen in a half arsed manner and forcing one to only use the menu on one side or the other is stupid. Sure we get to add a couple of custom apps ourselves but the layout is less than ideal as it forces you to move the pen to specific parts of the screen rather than continuing with the original Air Command design and just expanding upon that.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, I hate the Note 5 Air Command menu with a passion. Have it in Tekxodus ROM on my Note 4 on 5.1.1 and hate it. I wouldn't consider it a UI enhancement. Dimming the screen in a half arsed manner and forcing one to only use the menu on one side or the other is stupid. Sure we get to add a couple of custom apps ourselves but the layout is less than ideal as it forces you to move the pen to specific parts of the screen rather than continuing with the original Air Command design and just expanding upon that.

Well you do have the option to use the old style menu and not Air Command. You can select which one to show up.

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
a1b60a0e27a0f7fdf412b3ef7752b9ec.jpg

Home and new icons (background my own)

Last edited:

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you would be able to change that without using another launcher.

I really didn't want to hear that but I believe you are correct and I thank you for the help. All I was looking to change was the folder icon and can't see adding a new launcher just for that.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Do you still have the option to change the colour of the folder?
Also is the stock message app still that orange colour?
Thanks.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you still have the option to change the colour of the folder?
Also is the stock message app still that orange colour?
Thanks.

Yes, you can still change colors and the stock message app is now an orange color.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can still change colors and the stock message app is now an orange color.

I don't believe you can change the folder background color. You can change the color of the folder name when open but not the background.

jgraves9405

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
You can change folder background color. When you open your folder there is a Paint Palette Icon in top right hand corner. If you click that there are a few colors you can use to change it.

pgicruiser

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
You can change folder background color. When you open your folder there is a Paint Palette Icon in top right hand corner. If you click that there are a few colors you can use to change it.

Thank you for the tip! My Note 4 just updated to Marshmellow the other day and the folder color was driving me crazy. So ugly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084