Quick Marshmallow review

Jason

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Someone just posted to the S6 forum that Sprint put their branding... "Sprint"... up in the left corner at the top of the screen with the MM update. It only disappears when a notification comes in. Are you guys seeing this on your phones?

Verizon did this to Note 4's when they went from Kitkat to Lollipop.
Yup! Stupid sprint brand right there for me just in case I ever forget my carrier! I noticed it doesn't go away when I get a text message using Google messenger app.. But it will disappear using samsungs text app

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup! Stupid sprint brand right there for me just in case I ever forget my carrier! I noticed it doesn't go away when I get a text message using Google messenger app.. But it will disappear using samsungs text app
What's up with these carriers! All I can do is shake my head! Thanks for posting.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It's called advertising and marketing. I don't have the Sprint logo as my weather app posts the curent temperature in the space where the logo would appear.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It's called advertising and marketing.
No, it's called stupid and unnecessary. The "Big 4" is known by almost everyone who uses a smart phone. I certainly don't need to see it on my lock screen, back of my phone/tablet, at bootup, or on the notification top space. They don't need to market or advertise to me... I already give them money every month! Rant over!

Paradroid01

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Amazed to see this is still an issue with some folks.

I posted this video 6 months ago to show there is very minimal Camera - Gallery lag on my Note 4. The subject came up on how slow the Note 4 was compared to the Note 5. When I compared my phone with a Note 5 in Bestbuy, I couldn't decide which was faster. In the video, you can tell how fast the gallery launches when the icons at the top of the screen change. Also note that I purposely showed there were no recent apps running, which means the camera and gallery weren't already in ram.

I think any lag you might be seeing is caused by syncing or some such thing. You might try turning off any gallery sync and testing your phone again. Or, if you plan to do a factory reset after your MM update, test it before you install/update any apps, or turn on sync... at the very least, you'll be able to tell if your phone is actually lagging.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F139033682&token=X5QJ5MAQ
Still takes up to 3 seconds sometimes for me. Maybe synching with Google photos is the reason why. But for a long time it surely wasn't. Have to check it out again.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

I don't have that and I have sprint...

Jason

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I hate having a crowded notification bar but I guess I'll get used to it.. Maybe if enough people complain the next update will remove it

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I use Nova and hide my notification bar. But it is completely stupid and was unpopular when Verizon did it.

I've never once forgotten who I pay bills to every month and need to be reminded every time I look down at my screen.

jlehrer100

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Using the S-Pen with Gmail now results in a smaller window that doesn't provide adequate room to write (if you have a signature block).

Is it possible to get the full-screen window back?

daehttub

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Is the 'dark' mode now available to get rid of the battery killing and blinding white backgrounds? It was mentioned as a marshmallow feature after hey killed it for lollipop. Haven't got my update notification yet and the lack of bug reports is promising.

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Here is my Pros and Cons List.. I would go back to Lollipop if I could right now.

PROS
  • I do like the look of the new icons
  • Customization of Air command
  • Screen off memo

CONS

• Fingerprint scanner is not as useful anymore. If you restart or turn your phone off, you have to use your backup password to unlock your phone. I use last pass for my passwords and it no longer allow me to use fingerprint security. I have to use a pin or application password.
  • Formula match in S Finder the Wolfram Alpha search function is gone. S Finder seems to be less functional in general.
  • Permissions for applications is becoming a nuisance

Last edited:

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi people, Those of you rocking marshmallow could any of you pls confirm how effective the doze feature is? Like how much battery does it consume etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta