Quick Marshmallow review

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Idling battery usage appears to have dropped significantly under Marshmallow. An unused phone sitting overnight was draining about 4% and now it appears to be 1% or less.

Performance seems improved.

Irritating that external storage (SD card) was renamed, killing Poweramp playlists for music stored on the card. DropSync synch folders had to be updated for the name change. Audible app had downloaded media stored on the card and was also affected by the name change as were apps accessing photos there.

Raybo7

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for it on the Verizon version. I'm still on 5.1.1 that was updated in January which is sad. This Note is the last of its kind it seems, unless Note 6 brings it back.

Posted via the Android Central App

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I just received my 910C variant today and am in love with it. My question is, when will the update be available for me, and where will I download from? It's the international unlocked version but I'm on AT&T's network.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I just received my 910C variant today and am in love with it. My question is, when will the update be available for me, and where will I download from? It's the international unlocked version but I'm on AT&T's network.

I'm in the UK using the International unlocked handset, no news as yet but there again it only seems to be Sprint who have released it, which could mean the carriers have the update but are tweaking it for their own needs.
Gone are the days when the unlocked unbranded handsets got the update first I'm afraid.

Last edited:

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the UK using the International unlocked handset, no news as yet but there again it only seems to be Sprint who have released it, which could mean the carriers have the update but are tweeting it for their own needs.
Gone are the days when the unlocked unbranded handsets got the update first I'm afraid.
Also rocking the international unlock N910C here in Germany, it seem the update might happen soon (note soon could be end of 2016 ). Looking through Samsung homepage I could see the user guide for marshmallow under the 910C variant. So all we can do for now is hope and wait. But the delay is making me think twice about getting another Sammy phone in the future. Might go the nexus root next.