Sprint MM 6.0 update. Notification Panel/Shade is blank. All quick icons are missing I need help.

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Installed the Sprint MM 6.0 update yesterday everything went smooth as soon as the update was finished was dying to try out all of the new features. As I started playing around with the my Note 4 the first thing I notice was my Notification Panel or shade quick icons are gone it's blank. All I have access to is the brightness control and a icon to open all the quick icons and the pencil but like said once again it's blank. I also went into settings tap on the notification panel nothing it's empty and there is no option to enable the quick icons to appear not even if you tap Active buttons nothing happens. Please tell if me there is a fix for this bug. I'll post screens today stuck at work. :-\

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Sheesh! I feel so sorry for people having to deal with this kind of issue!

The only things I can think of is maybe start your phone in Safe Mode and hope it kicks in the notification panel. Secondly, you might get into Recovery mode and wipe the cache partition. Thirdly, and not something anyone likes to do, is a factory reset in recovery. Be sure to back up ALL data before doing the factory reset.

Hope you get it going!

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Very odd problem. Maybe try wiping cache and rebooting to see if it fixes the problem. If not, you might have to do a factory reset and start all over.

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys I did try those options already. I'll try one more time if no success I'll back up all my data on my SD card and unfortunately do a factory reset. Thanks for the help and appreciate the response.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset is pretty much part of my major update process. Recommended anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks appreciate all the input. I have a 128GB SD card I'll back up all of my files and do a factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Installed the Sprint MM 6.0 update yesterday everything went smooth as soon as the update was finished was dying to try out all of the new features. As I started playing around with the my Note 4 the first thing I notice was my Notification Panel or shade quick icons are gone it's blank. All I have access to is the brightness control and a icon to open all the quick icons and the pencil but like said once again it's blank. I also went into settings tap on the notification panel nothing it's empty and there is no option to enable the quick icons to appear not even if you tap Active buttons nothing happens. Please tell if me there is a fix for this bug. I'll post screens today stuck at work. :-\

This happened to me last night even though I had the update for a few days and no issues. Not sure what caused it really or why it happened and the only way to fix it was a hard reset. It is unfortunate but hopefully this is not a big within the update.

orcinusblackfish

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I ran the update on my Note 4 and my wife's yesterday. Mine is not showing the notification panel the sames as yours. Her phone is fine. I guess I'll have to try a reset also. Let me know if yours works. Thanks for posting the issue!

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
@orcinusblackfish Wow I'm glad i'm not the only one that sucks to hear that. I'm waiting for my micro sd card to arrive so I can back up all of my data before doing a factory reset. Let me know if you guys did the same. Believe me I have read every forum and uninstalled a bunch of apps,clear the partition cache,pull the battery,restarted the phone nothing there is no answer for this bug other then to hard reset the phone.

orcinusblackfish

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
What backup tool do you recommend? I am not rooted so titanium is out. Also, I tried to install my backup and it gives an error and won't install. Any other options out there for a full backup to the SD card? Thx!