Recent update killing my battery

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
There was an update last week supposed to improve battery life. My Note 4 would last a day and a half before the update, but now it won't get through a day. Thanks Samsung.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I got marshmallow Thursday and battery life is off the charts better for me, I haven't charged the phone since Thursday and it still has 41% left!

Posted via the Android Central App

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I got marshmallow Thursday and battery life is off the charts better for me, I haven't charged the phone since Thursday and it still has 41% left!

That's amazing. But I've to ask what do you do with your phone? I've never heard of a Sammy phone lasting 2 days.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
That's amazing. But I've to ask what do you do with your phone? I've never heard of a Sammy phone lasting 2 days.

I use wifi whenever I can, but phone calls and Internet for news like flipboard and drudge, discovered uk daily news that I love...some texting. In the past I couldn't go a full day doing the same things.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
normally it takes a week before your phone act normal again just wait and see

This has never been my experience. The battery is usually best right at first and gets worse later. If it starts bad, it usually stays bad and gets much worse.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I usually do a factory reset prior to an update and find this has helped my battery life. I shouldn't have to but it seems the way the world of Android is at the present time. I've also had less issues once the update is installed. One other thing I have been doing is anytime there is an update I charge the battery to 100% capacity and make sure my wifi connection is strong.