Who's upset that the Note 4 did not include the theme store?

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes I agree with you we should have theme options I'm also facing the same and I'm so angry with this. I'm having galaxy s5 and I was hoping that after upgrading to marshmallow I'll be able to see theme option but there was nothing like that and I tried installing the theme store app from the latest samsung phones and nothing happened. Really
upset.

I am too to an extent. If I could just give the UI a refresh it would still be great. That's the only thing I'm not happy about with this phone.

Has Samsung stopped progressing the good lock btw?

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

Exactly. I got tired of running the half baked version of the TouchWiz that came with the Note 5, so I indeed did root my phone.

Never rooted or even thought about rooting until I realized we're pretty much stuck with this version of TouchWiz until the end of time.

Wish I would've done it sooner.

Paul Drake

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, if all older devices got the same features as new ones, a lot less people would buy a new device. It's economics, plain and simple.

I guess this is why so many people continue to buy Apple phones. Feature parity would do a lot to increase brand loyalty.

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried installing the apk via apkmirror?

*also, what the heck happened to forum signatures on the AC App; I can't find the setting anywhere :/

Yes I tried it but don't like the lock screen setup and my finger scanner doesn't work with good lock.

Samsung hasn't updated it for a while now.

Regarding the app, the icon to reply has dissapeared.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Exactly. I got tired of running the half baked version of the TouchWiz that came with the Note 5, so I indeed did root my phone.

Never rooted or even thought about rooting until I realized we're pretty much stuck with this version of TouchWiz until the end of time.

Wish I would've done it sooner.
If you were unhappy with TouchWiz, you know there's a dozen or so quality launchers available in the Play Store that replace TW and don't require root, right?

Nova
Go
Apex
Google Now
Action
Arrow
Themer
Aviate

As for the Theme Store, if it's anything like the Theme Store that's available on my daughters HTC, then I don't really feel like I'm missing very much. As much as I enjoy the customization options available to me, I didn't spend $800 on a phone so I could play dress up with it. I spent that money because of the actual functions the phone provides.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I use Nova, but I want to.change the horrible dialer and messaging and pull down shade colours.

There's plenty of apps to change your dialer, like True Phone.

There's some basic changes to the stock messaging app that you can apply to alter the appearance. Open your messaging app and go to settings. It's nothing fancy, but it does allow for some minor appearance adjustments. If those aren't good enough then you'll have to try a 3rd party messaging app...which there's no shortage of in the Play store.

As for changing the pull down shade colors, I'm not sure that can be done. I guess there's apps for that but I spend such a little amount of time looking at my notification shade that I don't particularly care what it looks like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-28-13-38-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-28-13-38-21.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 15

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie