I just updated the stock Internet browser to version 4.0. Has anyone else gotten the update?
    03-28-2016 08:13 PM
    I just updated the stock Internet browser to version 4.0. Has anyone else gotten the update?
    Yes, and then I installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.adblockfast and configured Samsung Internet to use it for ad blocking. I haven't used those enough yet to say how well they work.

Larry
    03-28-2016 08:42 PM
    Yes, and then I installed https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ps.adblockfast and configured Samsung Internet to use it for ad blocking. I haven't used those enough yet to say how well they work.

Larry
    I'm curious to see if they'll update anymore of their apps
    03-28-2016 08:46 PM
    Updated and returned to the previous version next day. Not happy with the way they changed bookmarks and app itself got heavier (60MB).
    03-28-2016 08:53 PM
    I'm using with adblock fast. Love not having ads on my phone. No longer paying for unwanted data on my phone. I stopped using Chrome and logged out. My phone has been off the charger since 2p.m. Charged 100% and using it moderate to heavily. It's now 8:55pm and I'm @ 61%. Soooooo Happy.

Posted via the Android Central App and Note 4
    Tsepz_GP and huntnyc like this.
    03-28-2016 11:57 PM
    Is it possible to import your usernames and passwords from chrome?
    03-29-2016 12:37 AM
    You can login to google.com by using samsung browser.

Posted via the Android Central App and Note 4
    03-29-2016 01:18 AM
    Updated and returned to the previous version next day. Not happy with the way they changed bookmarks and app itself got heavier (60MB).
    How you downgrade the internet browser on MM? I hate the new browser do you have a link for the old browser to download?
    03-29-2016 12:27 PM
    How you downgrade the internet browser on MM? I hate the new browser do you have a link for the old browser to download?
    On my Verizon Wireless Note 4 Samsung Internet is a system app. I have not uninstalled the update, but if I start Play Store, go to My apps & games, select Samsung Internet for Android, then Uninstall, I am prompted "Do you want to uninstall all updates to this Android system app?". If I responded OK, the result should be to take me back to the version of Samsung Internet that was installed with the last system update. If your Note 4 is from a different carrier, then you may see something different when you try to uninstall.

Larry
    03-29-2016 01:23 PM
    I am also using it with AdBlock Fast and loving it
    Disabled Chrome, its useless to me now.
    03-29-2016 01:51 PM
    On my Verizon Wireless Note 4 Samsung Internet is a system app. I have not uninstalled the update, but if I start Play Store, go to My apps & games, select Samsung Internet for Android, then Uninstall, I am prompted "Do you want to uninstall all updates to this Android system app?". If I responded OK, the result should be to take me back to the version of Samsung Internet that was installed with the last system update. If your Note 4 is from a different carrier, then you may see something different when you try to uninstall.

Larry
    Actually I get the prompt to uninstall updates but I still have the purple browser no change. When you downgraded did you get the old blue world browser again? Also i'm on Sprint
    03-29-2016 03:38 PM
    I did this as well, dnld'd the new browser didn't really like it so I went to playstore and uninstalled and reverted back to the earlier,familiar look But I lost my bookmarks. Are bookmarks anywhere on the phone? Samsung was clueless. Also on Sprint.
    03-29-2016 05:59 PM
    I never used the old browser, always used chrome. Got the update and added the adblock but I'm not sure I like the Samsung browser.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2016 09:36 PM
    Easest way to return to previous version is to go to Settings - Applications - Uninstall (updates in this case) or install Total Commander and go to Installed applications and tap on the one.
    I lost all my bookmarks so I was forced to revert them back manually. But in my opinion they should be stored on Samsung account - but not - they weren't 😕
    03-30-2016 04:43 AM
    Easest way to return to previous version is to go to Settings - Applications - Uninstall (updates in this case) or install Total Commander and go to Installed applications and tap on the one.
    I lost all my bookmarks so I was forced to revert them back manually. But in my opinion they should be stored on Samsung account - but not - they weren't ������
    I'm on Sprint MM 6.0.1 there is no option to uninstall updates only disable or Force to stop. Is there another way around to revert back to the old browser? I did it on the play store but after uninstalling the updates within the playstore I still have the same purple browser not the old blue globe browser.
    03-30-2016 03:54 PM