Is it worth getting a wireless charging case for my Samsung Galaxy Note 4?

StarryShapes

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
is it worth getting a wireless charging case for my samsung galaxy note 4?

does it charge as quickly as the fast charger? Are there any viable benefits? Is the additional bulk of the wireless charging case a problem when buying cases?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: is it worth getting a wireless charging case for my samsung galaxy note 4?

does it charge as quickly as the fast charger? Are there any viable benefits? Is the additional bulk of the wireless charging case a problem when buying cases?

I LOVE wireless charging. I have 2 Itian6 wireless chargers, one at work one bedside. Love them. But then again my S6 has built in wireless charging.

BigwhiteUK

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the samsung wireless back cover and it works well, does what it says on the tin. Wireless charging is slower but there's no pluging or unpluging; convenience is the key. The extra thickness can be problematic for cases, which I dont use.

Posted via the Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I haven't personally tried one of these, but they are well-reviewed. I imagine the only real hassle is getting the little charging pads lined up with the wireless charging pins on your phone, but unless you swap out batteries a lot it's a one-time hassle. This type of charging receiver should not add enough bulk to affect most cases:

Amazon.com: Qi-infinity™ Samsung Note 4 Wireless charging receiver with NFC and S-view support: Cell Phones & Accessories

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I haven't personally tried one of these, but they are well-reviewed. I imagine the only real hassle is getting the little charging pads lined up with the wireless charging pins on your phone, but unless you swap out batteries a lot it's a one-time hassle. This type of charging receiver should not add enough bulk to affect most cases:

Amazon.com: Qi-infinity™ Samsung Note 4 Wireless charging receiver with NFC and S-view support: Cell Phones & Accessories

If you get a 3 coil wireless charger there's less issues worrying about where the wireless charging pins are.
I have no issues charging my S6 through an OtterBox defender with the Itian 6

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

What "pins" are we talking about?

Well, I was talking about the little metal bits behind the cover of your phone that the wireless charging pad I posted had to line up to. I suppose if I had used the more technically accurate term "contacts" it might not have caused confusion.

Capture.JPG

Those are the bits on the charging pad that have to line up to metal bits you can see if you pull the back cover off your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech