Is this normal battery life?

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Starting my second day with my fresh Note 4, and coming from my kit kat S5, reading the battery info is a little different. I've had about 40 mins screen-on-time and the battery has already drained 30% - is this normal? Also, the percentages running apps do not add up to 100 (not to mention a lack of items running to begin with). Any one have any insight?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-31-10-40-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-31-10-40-58.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 60

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I think I might have found the culprit (Picasa album synced). I've disabled that album in my Google accounts and hopefully I'll see some improvement - my device doesn't seem to be running hot, which is a good start.

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup, syncing stuff will definitely use/drain battery... especially if you're unaware something is syncing or perhaps what's being sync'd are corrupted files. Also, and I don't know if it was fixed yet, Facebook was tearing up some peoples battery time, even though it didn't show it in the battery stats percentage, so if you use Facebook and you have some strange battery issues, try disabling it to see if it makes a difference.

I use Debloater (free) to turn off/disable some unnecessary system apps. I don't know if it runs on MM, but it does on KK and LP. You can also run Package Disabler Pro to do the same thing, and it's probably easier to use than Debloater, but then it costs $1.95 on Playstore.

My phone never runs hot and I've had it since Jan 2015. It's still on Kitkat by choice. If your phone ever runs hot for any reason, something abnormal is going on.

Good luck with your new phone... it has a lot of good stuff in it... not withstanding that great S-Pen! It's the last "real" Note in the series!