08-05-2016 11:15 AM
32 12
tools
    Is anyone else having issues with WiFi not connected automatically, Wifi Calling not working anymore and Bluetooth not connecting to certain devices. It won't connect to my car anymore without unpairing and repairing each time. Battery life got worse for me as well. I can't go 8 hours before dying.
    04-02-2016 12:54 AM
    For the wifi and battery, this has been suggested:

https://www.androidpit.com/android-m...ow-to-fix-them

Of course, it's always recommended to do a factory data reset before or after a major update/ OTA such as Marshmallow
    04-02-2016 01:14 AM
    Having the same issues here.

Phone is practically useless. Restarts 4-5 times a day...

This will be my last Samsung device... ...and after 12 years of frustration, my last Sprint phone period. Hello Verizon. :-)
    04-02-2016 01:52 AM
    Choosing Verizon is the wrong move

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2016 02:40 AM
    Can't be worse than Sprint, on Cape Cod.
    04-02-2016 10:41 AM
    I took my sd card out 2 nights ago and I haven't had a random reboot since then

I was getting a dozen random reboots every day.

04-02-2016 02:50 PM
    I've noticed that the power saving mode causes iHeart radio and other streaming apps to buffer several times. It says that it now limits background data. Not happy with the Sprint update at all

Message sent across the universe from The N4 Galaxy.
    04-02-2016 03:08 PM
    My main issue is battery life. Was perfect before and now seems to drain more. I see the "Connections Optimizer" is gone. Any advice on saving battery would be great.
    04-03-2016 10:23 AM
    Update: *** Just installed a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb SDXC and the random reboots started up immediately. I went the last 2 days with no sd card and it was bliss not having my phone reboot one time unexpectedly.

This never happened once before I was pushed the Android 6.0..1 update to my Note 4 through Sprint.

I want my Lollipop back now!!!!

04-03-2016 06:37 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with WiFi not connected automatically, Wifi Calling not working anymore and Bluetooth not connecting to certain devices. It won't connect to my car anymore without unpairing and repairing each time. Battery life got worse for me as well. I can't go 8 hours before dying.
    I been having issues too my Bluetooth will not connect to my car Bluetooth system after doing the update. On lollipop it worked perfect and would connect with no issues. This time on MM when scanning for my car it does not find it and it takes forever to find a device. Anyone else having this issue? As for Wifi no problems so far this update has been such a headache for me
    04-04-2016 01:20 PM
    Just did my sprint update and everything is laggy, super annoying, i even deleted the cache partition too. This really sucks, Is it marshmellow or sprint? Guessing sprints added crap
    04-04-2016 11:07 PM
    Update: *** Just installed a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb SDXC and the random reboots started up immediately. I went the last 2 days with no sd card and it was bliss not having my phone reboot one time unexpectedly.

This never happened once before I was pushed the Android 6.0..1 update to my Note 4 through Sprint.

I want my Lollipop back now!!!!

Odin the stock tar.
    04-05-2016 11:43 AM
    Started having issues with MM update. Connected to WiFi with cellular on Apps like facebook won't load fully and takes a very long time. If I switch to Airplane mode with WiFi everything loads as should. If I shut WiFi off and just use cellular I have no problems. I am on Sprint and have a Note 4. I wiped the cache partition and was wanting to stay away from a hard reset. But will if need be. I guessing that is what I will be told to do. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue??
    04-05-2016 06:23 PM
    I'm also having the problem. My wife has a Note 5 and experiencing the same issues. I is mostly issues with the wifi. Called sprint and sprint said it was Samsung. Called Samsung and they said to reflash the phone at Best Buy and authorized dealer. I love it no one can except blame for screwing things up.

04-06-2016 09:57 AM
    I am also having issues with wifi after update on note 4. Did factory reset and the wifi worked fine for a week and now it's back to timming out on wifi. Wifi works fine with airplane mode turned on.

04-06-2016 10:41 AM
    I am also having issues with wifi after update on note 4. Did factory reset and the wifi worked fine for a week and now it's back to timming out on wifi. Wifi works fine with airplane mode turned on.

I cleaned the cache partition and it didn't make a difference. My battery life is even worse now so I had Sprint test my phone and they said the battery was good. I get about 5 hours of normal usage and about 9 hours if I have power saving mode turned on. I've had the phone less than a year and used to get 16 hours of normal usage when I first got my phone and can go 2 days without charging. I'm think about doing a factory reset but it doesn't look that will solve any issues. It seems each update makes things worst and wished I stayed with KitKat from the beginning. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.
    04-06-2016 01:42 PM
    Started having issues with MM update. Connected to WiFi with cellular on Apps like facebook won't load fully and takes a very long time. If I switch to Airplane mode with WiFi everything loads as should. If I shut WiFi off and just use cellular I have no problems. I am on Sprint and have a Note 4. I wiped the cache partition and was wanting to stay away from a hard reset. But will if need be. I guessing that is what I will be told to do. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue??
    I found on my note 4 that if I turned off Bluetooth that my wifi would work just fine. Now I need a fix for the Bluetooth issue.

04-06-2016 04:14 PM
    That worked for me!! Thanks for the info. Now like you we need help on the bluetooth issue.
    04-06-2016 05:34 PM
    Having the same issues here.

Phone is practically useless. Restarts 4-5 times a day...

This will be my last Samsung device... ...and after 12 years of frustration, my last Sprint phone period. Hello Verizon. :-)
    Before you do that, factory reset the phone. Guaranteed it will fix all of your problems. As the last person said, ANY time you have a major update, FR. You'll thank me, I swear...

Posted via the Android Central App on my marshmallowy Note 4
    ToddK likes this.
    04-06-2016 09:09 PM
    My main issue is battery life. Was perfect before and now seems to drain more. I see the "Connections Optimizer" is gone. Any advice on saving battery would be great.
    Now called smart network switch our something like that.

04-06-2016 09:12 PM
    I cleaned the cache partition and it didn't make a difference. My battery life is even worse now so I had Sprint test my phone and they said the battery was good. I get about 5 hours of normal usage and about 9 hours if I have power saving mode turned on. I've had the phone less than a year and used to get 16 hours of normal usage when I first got my phone and can go 2 days without charging. I'm think about doing a factory reset but it doesn't look that will solve any issues. It seems each update makes things worst and wished I stayed with KitKat from the beginning. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.
    Everyone everyone EVERYONE: FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE. You'll thank me, I swear.

04-06-2016 09:22 PM
    I did and still restarting multiple times. Couple of apps are buggy. Only positive spot my lte got better

04-07-2016 01:19 PM
    my battery life is terrible after the update to MM. I did everything, cache wipe, factory reset. my battery plummets right before my eyes. I used to last a whole work day till my battery was almost dead. Now I can't go more than half day and it dies. Its not a faulty battery, phone worked fine before updating to MM.
    04-07-2016 05:07 PM
    Just did my sprint update and everything is laggy, super annoying, i even deleted the cache partition too. This really sucks, Is it marshmellow or sprint? Guessing sprints added crap
    Think I'm going to stay with Lollipop on my Sprint device.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...
    04-07-2016 09:26 PM
    It's been a few days since my Sprint Marshmallow update and aside from the ugly colors and childish marshmallow shipped icons, the only two annoying issues I have are connected to the power save option. It causes my TuneIn to cut in and out. TuneIn kind of ruined their app with their ad load before Marshmallow so I am not sure it's really a marshmallow issue. I have also noticed an intermittent email sync issue. I am still trying to figure it out but sometimes it misses a sync and I have mine set for every 15 minutes. As for the battery issues I just turned off Google Now and use the power save option. I think Google Now is a massive power hog. I admit to being lazy and skipping the factory reset. Probably ought to do it when I get the time... I just hate the Marshmallow icons and colors...
    04-07-2016 09:52 PM
32 12