Hey first me asking a question here. I have a note 4 on 5.1.1 bought through T-Mobile like a year and a half ago(Believe when it came out) and these past few days it suddenly has taken a life of its own and reboots. This reboot can be just once but more than likely it gets stuck in a reboot cycle where it won't make it past the note 4 splash screen and get right back to rebooting. I have had issue with it getting hot before but that always near the battery. Now I can feel it getting hot in the top left of the screen or the left hand side near the camera lense if it is flipped over.

What I have done so far:
    Wiped cache,
    Soft factory reset,
    Recovery mode factory reset.

I have heard (and read) that this is starting to become an issue with the note 4s. Has anyone had any experience with T-Mobile regarding this?
    I suspect the software is creating a creating a hardware problem but since I am about to take this in to the store I really don't want to root the phone and try and flash an older OS(if that is feasible).

If nothing else I would like to hear if any else has been experiencing this problem and any potential fixes they applied.
    04-06-2016 07:14 AM
    I noticed mine reboots and get stuck every now and then. I'm very tempted to do a factory restore which should solve this issue. But I'm hesitant since I'm waiting for the Marshmallow update. Once Marshmallow comes out I think I'll do the factory restore. I find that whenever you do any upgrade things tends to mess up so I'll do a clean setup that's the best option.
    04-06-2016 07:41 AM
    There has been a huge spate of these lately, but I suspect many of them are simply because the Note 4 is now a couple years old, and the batteries on many of them are reaching the average end of life of a standard Lithium battery at the same time because the first batch of phones is now all about the same age.

They generally tend to start losing capacity and/or experiencing individual cell death at the 500-1000 cycle point, and if you run your battery down every day for two years, you're at 700-ish cycles. The median point for battery capacity depletion. If your battery has heated up a lot (heavy gamer, other apps that use a lot of juice) then you will get fewer cycles.

Symptoms of a dying battery:
    - "My battery used to last all day, but now I get about 20% less time out of it" (normal wear)
    - "My phone shuts down suddenly at X% (X = anywhere from 10 to about 50)." (one or more cells "mostly dead" - still able to put out voltage but not for very long)
    - "My phone reboots, and when it comes back up I've suddenly {lost,gained} significant percentage on my battery meter!" (one or more cells failing)
    - "My battery never shows charge beyond X% and starts getting hot when it hits that point" (one or more cells "completely dead" and the rest of the cells are trying to make up the difference - this may end VERY BADLY for you in the near future if you keep trying to overcharge the remaining cells - stop using that battery ASAP).
    - "My phone mysteriously dies when I run [insert battery-intensive app here], usually when the battery is low but sometimes even when fully charged, but works great otherwise" (one or more cells "mostly dead" - as soon as you put the bad cells under load they drop off)

Repeat after me: "I am glad Samsung left the replaceable battery in the Note line for so long!"
    IAmSixNine likes this.
    04-06-2016 02:17 PM
    I completely agree with natehoy but cant help but to think that maybe, just maybe the note 4 units seem to have higher then normal battery failures as they get older. or maybe im noticing it more just because i want to believe thats what it is. LOL
    04-06-2016 03:19 PM