Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a Note 4 that is international factory unlocked, lte capable and with the exynos chip. It seemed like the n910c was the way to go, but the only legitimate-looking source I could find to purchase was on B&H Photo, which says that what they are selling is unbranded carrier unlocked but not factory unlocked. Any idea what this means? Any advice would be appreciated.
    04-06-2016 09:49 PM
    I just purchased from B&H two weeks and it is indeed carrier unlocked. However, you will have to verify if it's compatible on your carrier's network (specs are provided on the Web page + check out QA section.

I love my N910c

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2016 09:54 PM
    Hmm. I saw that people said that the phones were brand new and sealed, so I guess I'm wondering what the difference is between factory unlocked and carrier unlocked since they made sure to specifically specify that it was one and not the other. And yeah, the frequencies should be fine for my purposes.
    04-06-2016 10:21 PM
    Hmm. I saw that people said that the phones were brand new and sealed, so I guess I'm wondering what the difference is between factory unlocked and carrier unlocked since they made sure to specifically specify that it was one and not the other. And yeah, the frequencies should be fine for my purposes.
    I think in the QA section mentions the phones are indeed brand new, but the boxes have to be opened up in order to access the phones to carrier unlock them. When I received mine, I wouldn't have known they were opened (it's resealed with a security tape) and includes all the original accessories plus protective film all over the phone. They include a one year warranty honored by B&H.

04-06-2016 11:16 PM
    That makes much more sense. Do you end up with any kind of ties to the original carrier other than the frequencies obviously? I see in the QA that it says that the updates are received whenever they are provided through the carrier. I'm assuming this means whatever carrier you put the phone on and has nothing to do with whatever carrier it was on prior to being unlocked?
    04-06-2016 11:21 PM
    The box features text I'm not familiar with (Indian perhaps?) and when I booted up the first time, I noticed a couple of apps that aren't compatible here in the US - which were easily disabled via third party app.

As for updates, I'm not sure. I think the phone will receive the OTA only when the original carrier rolls it out. I'm on AT&T but probably won't receive the Marshmallow update when it arrives, I think that depends on the international carriers. But I could be wrong.

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 N910c?-screenshot_2016-04-06-21-41-12.jpg  
    04-06-2016 11:45 PM
    Very interesting. I may have to give B & H Photo a call in the morning to see if they can provide more info. Which third party app do you mean? Thanks for all your input.
    04-06-2016 11:54 PM
    Package Disabler Pro available in the app store for about $2 (highly recommended for debloating Samsung smartphones without root). Good luck with getting a Note 4, really is an amazing phone

04-07-2016 12:08 AM
    Awesome, thank you! The person I spoke to said that the updates are received whenever the carrier you pick gets the update from Samsung.
    04-07-2016 08:24 AM
    Awesome, thank you! The person I spoke to said that the updates are received whenever the carrier you pick gets the update from Samsung.
    Oh awesome, that's good to hear

04-07-2016 02:23 PM
    I saw that people said that the phones were brand new and sealed, so I guess I'm wondering what the difference is between factory unlocked and carrier unlocked since they made sure to specifically specify that it was one and not the other.
    By "factory unlocked," they're probably referring to being able to unlock the bootloader (which is needed in order to root).
    04-07-2016 03:21 PM