Galaxy Note 4 SMS, MMS, Contact glitching. How can I stop this?

Buboosa

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy Note 4 SMS, MMS, Contact glitching

Hey everyone,

I switched from iOS to Android three weeks ago now, bought a refurbished note 4. Everything has been going fine until now.

Went to send a couple group messages and they wouldn't go through. Data is on, plenty of data to be spent by provider (Ting). Then I noticed in my message history that the majority of my contacts' names aren't even showing up just numbers. Then I tried to message one contact and couldn't even get the keyboard to open! I can still call, but can't SMS certain individuals, no MMS period, or view their names unless I go in my contact list.

I use the default message app.
I've tried the soft reset several times.

Any help would be great!

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Did you retain the same phone number when you changed phones? If so, it's possible that iMessage is still enabled on your carrier account.

I remember having problems with texting when I first switched from iOS to Android and it was due to iMessenger. I didn't have the same problems you are with the keyboard not opening up, but I was also using a Galaxy S5 at the time, so maybe different phones respond differently (???). Anyway, try this.

Posted via the Android Central App