Hey everyone,

I switched from iOS to Android three weeks ago now, bought a refurbished note 4. Everything has been going fine until now.

Went to send a couple group messages and they wouldn't go through. Data is on, plenty of data to be spent by provider (Ting). Then I noticed in my message history that the majority of my contacts' names aren't even showing up just numbers. Then I tried to message one contact and couldn't even get the keyboard to open! I can still call, but can't SMS certain individuals, no MMS period, or view their names unless I go in my contact list.

I use the default message app.
    I've tried the soft reset several times.

Any help would be great!
    04-08-2016 03:03 PM
    Did you retain the same phone number when you changed phones? If so, it's possible that iMessage is still enabled on your carrier account.

I remember having problems with texting when I first switched from iOS to Android and it was due to iMessenger. I didn't have the same problems you are with the keyboard not opening up, but I was also using a Galaxy S5 at the time, so maybe different phones respond differently (???). Anyway, try this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2016 12:41 PM