I read the article that is posted on AC homescreen. It said that it is NOTED that the Exynos variant is getn the update? So is there anyone with the Snapdragon variant that can comfirm wen if or wen we will receive the update....?????

Posted via the Android Central App on ATT NOTE 4
    04-08-2016 04:39 PM
    Probably not... BUT if it's coming to the Exynos version (AKA International, which are the ones to usually get it first), chances are there's a version for SD, too, just not out and most likely, still in the hands of carriers for tweaking.
    04-08-2016 04:47 PM
    Got u..thanks man.....welp time to wait some more cuz Att wont release it no time soon😧😧😧😧

Posted via the Android Central App on ATT NOTE 4
    04-08-2016 05:40 PM
    I've got the exynos variant 910C and I'm on ATT, how will I receive the update?

Note 4 910C 5.1.1 | Android Central App
    04-08-2016 05:45 PM
    I've the exynos variant unlocked and received marshmallow yesterday x

Posted from My Note 4
    SpookDroid likes this.
    04-08-2016 06:19 PM
    I've got the exynos variant 910C and I'm on ATT, how will I receive the update?

Note 4 910C 5.1.1 | Android Central App
    If the phone is carrier-branded (AKA sold by AT&T and with AT&T software) then you wouldn't get the update until AT&T has finished tweaking it to its liking and releasing it to the Note 4. This update rolling out right now is only for factory-unlocked Exynos versions.

But like I said before, if it's out for those (which it usually is first, anyway), it means that at least the carrier already has a working version on their hands to tweak/test and now it's up to them to release.
    04-11-2016 12:30 PM
    My phone is attached branded and unlocked. I have to take my phone to best buy and have them do the updates for me because I never receive them. Att doesn't push them to unlocked phones using other carriers.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2016 01:02 PM
    Yup, you are correct. AT&T seems to push updates to their devices only if they are using an AT&T SIM card, even if the phone is unlocked. In your case, you can go to a store that does updates or try Samsung Kies. But in any case, until AT&T released the update for your phone, you won't be able to get it (unless you root and flash a different ROM, but you gotta be careful with those as there might be stuff related to the AT&T-specific hardware that's missing and may render your device unusable).
    04-11-2016 01:23 PM
    Kies has never worked for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2016 01:27 PM
    In the past, major AT&T updates do show up there, but minor stability updates don't. Not sure why though, and it does take longer to show up in Kies.
    04-11-2016 01:55 PM
    You know when people complain about Android not having regular updates like iFruit phones. It's no wonder when even Samsung themselves have so many different versions of software. Samsung seems a big mess in just itself, then you have other Android manufactures then Android itself.

Just looking at the Note 4 itself and there are so many different software version.

Despite this, I'd rather take Android anyday over iOS in my opinion. Not that I dislike iOS, it's just because I love Android and it's software features.

A future where Android locks it's software up like Apple and we all become Androidsheep with everything how Google wants it. But at least people will get up to date software quicker. Be careful what you wish for, lol.
    04-11-2016 01:59 PM
    There were indications that there might be improvements on that coming our way soon, even with different manufacturer modifications.
    Android N's under-the-hood changes might point to a new future for OS updates | Android Central

Also, part of the problem with Android updates is also because of something that makes Android appealing: diversity. You don't have the same OS on the same phone with the same hardware. That's just boring. You have options. You have choice. Unfortunately, that means you have under-the-hood tinkering, too. To spice up UIs, to accommodate for weirder features (S-Gimmicks) or innovative hardware (dual cameras, LG Modules, different camera sensors, etc.) each manufacturer must make the software their own, and with that, comes the fact that most phones aren't 'Nexus' and won't have 'pure Android'. That delays things in the update department.
    04-11-2016 02:15 PM