Does anyone know how to recover pictures on a samsung galaxy note 4

A

AC Question

OK i took my daughters prom pics on my phone using the Samsung 128G SD card and when I went to look at them later that evening I only see a black screen with an image of a picture frame with a mountain and a exclamation mark.! when I took the picture I did see it on the phone camera app. now I can't see them on any app or in my gallery.
trust me I desperate to recover these pics!!!!
can anyone help me???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are unfortunately not uncommon, and are typically much smaller capacity than they say they are. When you try to save more than they can actually store, then the files can get corrupt.

If SD Insight says the card is valid, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, and then remove it. Insert it into your computer and see if the computer can read those files using the computer's file explorer program. While you're at this stage, back up any important data from the card to the computer's hard drive, in case the card is on the verge of failing.

If the computer can't read the file, the file or the card might be corrupt. You could try running chkdsk (http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...de-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html)to look for bad sectors--but if it finds bad sectors and repairs them, you might lose that photo altogether (if it was in one of those bad sectors). So beforehand, you could also consider using a file recovery program: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...-s/500142-guide-recovering-deleted-files.html

Good luck!

Last edited:

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I used an app called "photorec" as a recovery tool for my old formatted external hard drive. It recovered over 200 songs and a couple thousand pictures. It's free. I'm not sure it'll work on your SD card but it's definitely worth a try. I wish you luck.

Posted via the Android Central App
no advertisements here.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Free version of Recuva from Pariform works great also....https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...riform.com%2Frecuva%2Fdownload&token=czJg6B_-.
Use on the SD card from a PC

I tried recuva before I found photo rec. Recuva found my files but I couldn't open a single one. Huge waste of time. Photorec, despite its name, recovered everything for me, pictures, movies, music, other videos and documents. Also files of programs. The only thing I didn't like was that if you're doing a deep scan, it places all recovered items in folders without you being able to choose what you want recovered. It's ok though as you can just delete it later.

Posted via the Android Central App
no advertisements here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae