Does my smartphone has a good battery life looking at the data from GSAM?
    Consider good?-screenshot_2016-04-10-23-39-27.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-10-2016 11:49 AM
    Welcome to the forums. It depends..what you were doing with the phone in the 2 hours of screen on time?
    04-10-2016 12:09 PM
    Welcome to the forums. It depends..what you were doing with the phone in the 2 hours of screen on time?
    Thanks for the welcome! Was just wathcing YouTube videos, Instagram, Facebook, surfing the Internet and a little gaming.

04-10-2016 12:36 PM
    Processor/GPU intensive activities like watching vids, gaming, and navigation, will eat more battery than just texting and talking on the phone. It's to be expected. Social media and internet surfing can also cause battery drain if the websites you visit use acceleration for whatever's on the page.

For me, my Note 4 battery can last anywhere from 4 to 7 days, and it's only because I mostly use it for phone and texts only. Even when I play a few games, and do use it for watching a video here or there, or navigation, I can still get more than 3 days out of a single charge. Right now, my SOT is at 2.5 hours and the phone was last charged 5 days and 12 hours ago and it still has 40%. That should tell you how little I've used my phone for this charge cycle. The Note 4 screen, while quite large, is still too small for my eyes, so I do things like gaming, internet, videos/movies, and other stuff on my Note 10.1 tablet. My tablet sometimes gets charged nightly even though it has a 8220mah battery.

Battery usage varies with everyone, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just charge when you need to, and/or get a few spare batteries and you'll be golden! I have 3 spare batteries for my Note 4 and while you'd think I wouldn't need them, given my normal usage, they come in handy when I go overnight camping, or when I just plain forget to charge my phone. Luckily, with the Note 4 we have the option to just pop a spare battery in... and that's just awesome!
    04-10-2016 07:31 PM
    Processor/GPU intensive activities like watching vids, gaming, and navigation, will eat more battery than just texting and talking on the phone. It's to be expected. Social media and internet surfing can also cause battery drain if the websites you visit use acceleration for whatever's on the page.

For me, my Note 4 battery can last anywhere from 4 to 7 days, and it's only because I mostly use it for phone and texts only. Even when I play a few games, and do use it for watching a video here or there, or navigation, I can still get more than 3 days out of a single charge. Right now, my SOT is at 2.5 hours and the phone was last charged 5 days and 12 hours ago and it still has 40%. That should tell you how little I've used my phone for this charge cycle. The Note 4 screen, while quite large, is still too small for my eyes, so I do things like gaming, internet, videos/movies, and other stuff on my Note 10.1 tablet. My tablet sometimes gets charged nightly even though it has a 8220mah battery.

Battery usage varies with everyone, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just charge when you need to, and/or get a few spare batteries and you'll be golden! I have 3 spare batteries for my Note 4 and while you'd think I wouldn't need them, given my normal usage, they come in handy when I go overnight camping, or when I just plain forget to charge my phone. Luckily, with the Note 4 we have the option to just pop a spare battery in... and that's just awesome!
    Thanks for sharing! Cause I've read everywhere about people getting over 5 hours of screen on time but for me, I'll always get only 2.5 hours screen on time max in a single charge. So that always stirs up the curiosity in me whether why my phone's battery life is so different from others.

04-10-2016 09:43 PM
    Thanks for sharing! Cause I've read everywhere about people getting over 5 hours of screen on time but for me, I'll always get only 2.5 hours screen on time max in a single charge. So that always stirs up the curiosity in me whether why my phone's battery life is so different from others.

I decided that wanted to charge my battery this evening so I started playing Riptide 2 on my phone. The battery dropped 8% in about 15 minutes, so it went from 40% to 32% in a short time. Battery will drop the more you use it, so I never worry about it. I also never let my battery get below 30%... that's the limit before I charge it. Too many people here allow their phone to actually die due to lack of battery power and then post that all their photos got corrupted because of it. One person recently said they lost 700 photos on their SD card. Android doesn't like it when the battery dies... seen it too many times on this forum.
    04-11-2016 03:46 AM