07-15-2016 03:57 PM
81 1234
tools
    I guess you could always buy a thin case if you want a smooth surface? It is a shame about the theme store.. I've seem my friends use it and it's pretty neat. But I suppose there are launchers we can use if we're willing to put the time in?
    Yeah, I bought the Samsung case, it's very thin, but it still makes it just that little too bulky for me. The size of the phone is just big enough, if you know what I mean.

I have finally given in to the Nova launcher, but it's not the homescreen stuff that I wanted to change, it's the theme of the menus and phone/ messaging app etc. I did try rooting my device before, but it didn't work out, but I also don't want not have the proper camera app etc. I don't mind voiding the warranty though.

Saying that, I must be one of the few who likes the Samsung Lollipop notifcation pulldown colours.
    huntnyc and collyesta like this.
    04-15-2016 08:53 AM
    Yeah, I bought the Samsung case, it's very thin, but it still makes it just that little too bulky for me. The size of the phone is just big enough, if you know what I mean.

I have finally given in to the Nova launcher, but it's not the homescreen stuff that I wanted to change, it's the theme of the menus and phone/ messaging app etc. I did try rooting my device before, but it didn't work out, but I also don't want not have the proper camera app etc. I don't mind voiding the warranty though.

Saying that, I must be one of the few who likes the Samsung Lollipop notifcation pulldown colours.
    Pretty sure that with almost any launcher you can change the icon styles. Check it out in the launcher settings.

Posted via the Android Central App
    no advertisements here.
    04-17-2016 12:34 AM
    Pretty sure that with almost any launcher you can change the icon styles. Check it out in the launcher settings.

no advertisements here.
    True but jordyd is talking about changing system wide interface characteristics not those associated with a launcher alone. One needs a custom ROM for that, so a variant of the device with an unlocked bootloader is a must.
    04-17-2016 01:05 AM
    Android Central posted a link to note 4s selling on Ebay for 299 but all they have left are white for 319. I'm thinking of getting one while I wait for the HTC 10 come out because I hate the droid maxx I'm using.
    Sounds like a decent price.

04-18-2016 12:37 AM
    I have a Note 4 and you have nearly sold me into keeping it instead of moving to the Note 6. This phone is great. It has the removable battery, expandable memory, fantastic HD screen, great camera, the works. Why move to the Note 6 when it gets released? Because it's the latest Note available? People like me are looking for what they already have in the Note 4. Why not just stick with it? Marshmallow isn't all that great anyway. Lollipop is working well for me. My phone slows down here and there but that's because I never shut it off due to work. I may just keep this bad boy. Maybe even buy an extra as backup later on.

no advertisements here.
    I'm getting a Note 6 due to my contract allowing me to upgrade every 2nd year. Will be great to having a new Note. The 6GB RAM, slightly larger 5.8inch Display, 3700mAh battery and newer UI will be nice, IMO.

That said, if I didn't have the upgrade, I'd gladly stick with the Note 4 for another year or 2.
    04-18-2016 02:34 PM
    I'm getting a Note 6 due to my contract allowing me to upgrade every 2nd year. Will be great to having a new Note. The 6GB RAM, slightly larger 5.8inch Display, 3700mAh battery and newer UI will be nice, IMO.

That said, if I didn't have the upgrade, I'd gladly stick with the Note 4 for another year or 2.
    You've been an avid Note 4 fan for a while... just like a lot of us. I hope you enjoy the Note 6! I'm sure it's going to be a great phone. Here's hoping they bring back the removable battery and SD, but that's just my wish.
    04-18-2016 05:04 PM
    You've been an avid Note 4 fan for a while... just like a lot of us. I hope you enjoy the Note 6! I'm sure it's going to be a great phone. Here's hoping they bring back the removable battery and SD, but that's just my wish.
    That's my wish too, not just for the note line but for Samsung in general. They did bring back the SD card slot for the s7 so they likely will for the note 6 too, however I wonder if they will ever release another phone with a removable battery or if that's something that's never coming back... I really hope it will someday.. maybe they could have a separate line of phones with that feature?

Even though I am not really impressed with the G5, I think it's great that LG is at least trying to find ways to keep the removable battery..
    04-19-2016 08:57 AM
    I enjoy the removable battery on my Note 4 as well and was a bit hesitant to get the S7e with a sealed battery. But the battery in the S7e is fantastic and I haven't missed being able to swap it at all. Hopefully the Note 6 is just as good. I'd like a 64GB or 128 GB Note 6 with expandable memory.

04-24-2016 08:19 AM
    Just got a new battery and factory reset my phone. The phone feels and moves like new, if you don't did the latest the note 4 is a go. This coming Nov. will be 2 yrs and I'm still loving this phone.

Was looking to upgrade to the note 6 but decided to hold on for one more year, note 7

huntnyc and nahoku like this.
    04-24-2016 10:33 AM
    Thanks.
    I think SD will be back but I doubt it will have a Removable Battery (fingers crossed it does).
    nahoku and collyesta like this.
    04-24-2016 12:40 PM
    Thanks.
    I think SD will be back but I doubt it will have a Removable Battery (fingers crossed it does).
    I just thought about it... I wonder if they'll change the design of the S Pen so it can't be inserted backwards like on the Note 5. I guess we'll see how they respond to all the bad publicity that issue brought out. Hopefully, they haven't forgotten about it. We'll see!
    04-25-2016 01:43 AM

I am back on the 4 . The 5 is in the drawer...
    collyesta, huntnyc and AXEL314 like this.
    04-25-2016 01:49 AM
    I just thought about it... I wonder if they'll change the design of the S Pen so it can't be inserted backwards like on the Note 5. I guess we'll see how they respond to all the bad publicity that issue brought out. Hopefully, they haven't forgotten about it. We'll see!
    I think they will. So far Samsung has been making this year all about fixing mistakes, so I definitely think that they will fix the s pen and probably give it more features. I think they want to bring the Note line back with a bang this year.
    04-25-2016 03:19 AM
    So far Samsung has been making this year all about fixing mistakes
    Yes, and if the Note 6 brings back the SD card, that alone will put a nail in the coffin of the Note 5. My conjecture, or course! For sure things will certainly get interesting in a few months time!

I love my Note 4! LOL!
    collyesta likes this.
    04-25-2016 05:00 AM
    Whoa

Note 4 910C 5.1.1 | Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Is it still worth buying?-screenshot_2016-04-25-09-08-46.jpg  
    zocster likes this.
    04-25-2016 11:09 AM
    How about the Note 5? I got mine with Verizon in January, and it's awesome. The Note 5 has M, and will get N.
    04-25-2016 08:38 PM
    As the note 3 got lollipop, wouldn't be surprised if the note 4 gets at least one more major update....
    04-25-2016 10:24 PM
    My Note 4 is still on KitKat. Neither LP or MM has anything to offer me... except maybe sore eyes. How can anyone stand all that white? And N... Heaven only knows what N will bring!
    huntnyc likes this.
    04-25-2016 10:50 PM
    How about the Note 5? I got mine with Verizon in January, and it's awesome. The Note 5 has M, and will get N.
    I considered that but there are two really big problems with it for me. 1 - It doesn't have expandable storage (and I have a lot of stuff I need to store!) and 2 - it's not actually available where I live (in Europe).
    04-26-2016 02:29 AM
    Why not get the note 5, it's the best of both worlds
    04-26-2016 04:06 AM
    They did a slight re-design back in January (link below), not to prevent inserting the S-Pen backwards but to prevent damaging the lever inside the silo that detects the S-Pen. What they did was replace the electronic switch with the small lever coming out of it (pic below on the right) with a push button switch and a large hook type lever across it (pic below on the left) to prevent the top end of the S-Pen from getting snagged on it (when inserted backwards). Personally, I'd rather see a return to the Note 4 S-Pen detection mechanism (IMHO a superior one) that doesn't use any components inside the silo. Instead it uses a sensor built into the top edge of the silo (to the right of the back button near the screen) that detects a magnet on the top end of the S-Pen (hover the top end of your S-Pen around the area to see it in action). Not to mention it's easier to pull it out of the silo by just grabbing the edge with a fingernail, whereas the Note 5 you have to first push the S-Pen in to release it then grab and pull.

Confirmed: Samsung changes Galaxy Note 5 internals to fix upside-down S Pen issue | Android Central

Attachment 225598
    I feel like Samsung cheaped out when designing the Note5, they paid a lot more attention with the Note 4.

Anyway, I never did take the Note5 seriously TBH, I doubt Samsung did either considering how limited its release was. The sad part is the Note5 is beautifully crafted, I love its design, it feels super expensive, had they kept SD Card and given it at least a 3220mAh battery it would have been a decent step up to the Note 4, due to 4GB RAM and Exynos7420, ah well.
    04-26-2016 12:26 PM
    Android Central posted a link to note 4s selling on Ebay for 299 but all they have left are white for 319. I'm thinking of getting one while I wait for the HTC 10 come out because I hate the droid maxx I'm using.
    Sounds like a decent price.

$259 now.....
    04-26-2016 12:40 PM
    I have nice S7 edge silver at&t and I'm selling it and considering getting a note 4.

huntnyc likes this.
    04-27-2016 07:04 PM
    Anyway, I never did take the Note5 seriously TBH, I doubt Samsung did either considering how limited its release was.
    I too think Samsung was "testing the waters" with the Note 5... that's why no EU release. With no removable battery and SD card I'm sure they wanted to see the reaction. I never wanted to say it, but I felt sorry for 32Gb Note 5 owners and now if the Note 6 brings back at least the SD card, what then? Sell their Note 5, I guess. Granted, the Note 5 is "pretty", but SD limited is not the way to go on a media phone!
    collyesta likes this.
    04-27-2016 07:35 PM
    I have nice S7 edge silver at&t and I'm selling it and considering getting a note 4.

That's interesting. Samsung should read stuff like this. Might give them a hint!
    04-27-2016 07:36 PM
81 1234