07-15-2016 03:57 PM
81 1234
tools
    I too think Samsung was "testing the waters" with the Note 5... that's why no EU release. With no removable battery and SD card I'm sure they wanted to see the reaction. I never wanted to say it, but I felt sorry for 32Gb Note 5 owners and now if the Note 6 brings back at least the SD card, what then? Sell their Note 5, I guess. Granted, the Note 5 is "pretty", but SD limited is not the way to go on a media phone!
    Mate, you are spot on, I felt the same for Note5 32GB owners, IMO, it was pointless, so much power limited by memory, just a waste.

The Note5 price will tank hard if the Note6 arrives with MicroSD support.
    collyesta and nahoku like this.
    04-27-2016 08:25 PM
    Mate, you are spot on, I felt the same for Note5 32GB owners, IMO, it was pointless, so much power limited by memory, just a waste.

The Note5 price will tank hard if the Note6 arrives with MicroSD support.
    Yup! Totally agree!
    04-27-2016 08:31 PM
    I have nice S7 edge silver at&t and I'm selling it and considering getting a note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    May I ask what made you want to sell your S7 edge and consider the note 4? Was there something you didn't like about the S7?
    04-28-2016 02:16 AM
    After 2 years, I still love my Note 4 and have no plans of replacing it (I couldn't find the best candidate), unless someone in my family wants it )
    huntnyc likes this.
    04-30-2016 05:44 AM
    May I ask what made you want to sell your S7 edge and consider the note 4? Was there something you didn't like about the S7?
    I like everything about the Silver Edge.. like really its like the perfect phone samsung ever made.....BUT....I'm a type of person who uses the phone a lot and I CANT stand waiting when charging my phone. I want something instant 100% so Removable battery is a must for me.. But since I already have a G4 that has removable battery. Im thinking getting the s7 flat silver exynos bc of the size and how it looks.

-S7Edge
    huntnyc and collyesta like this.
    04-30-2016 01:21 PM
    I just upgraded from the Note 3 to the Note 4, (well there was a flirtation with the iP5s in between) and let me just say wow. Everything about this phone screams future proof to me. The display is as good as the current crop of displays, and everything works the way it should. I won't be upgrading anytime soon.
    04-30-2016 05:27 PM
    I'm sticking with my Note 4 for a year or two at least. Especially now that the bootloader is unlocked. It's so nice to have complete control over the phone again.
    huntnyc likes this.
    05-01-2016 04:35 AM
    I'm sticking with my Note 4 for a year or two at least. Especially now that the bootloader is unlocked. It's so nice to have complete control over the phone again.
    The S7 Edge has a locked bootloader on all carriers so I am thinking the Note 6 will be the same way. I have my Note 4/Note Edge and Note 5 rooted and I will miss being able to do that with the Note 6.

I'm not really using my Note 4/Note Edge phones lately although I do miss being able to swap the battery. On my Note 5/S7 Edge, it takes about 90 minutes to charge them both so it's not too bad but sometimes I don't have time to wait and I can only charge it half way because I have to be somewhere.

I haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if the OP bought a Note 4 yet. If he has, don't forget to get an extra battery. Nothing beats swapping out the battery and not being tied to a cord for 90 minutes.
    05-01-2016 07:44 PM
    I just upgraded from the Note 3 to the Note 4, (well there was a flirtation with the iP5s in between) and let me just say wow. Everything about this phone screams future proof to me. The display is as good as the current crop of displays, and everything works the way it should. I won't be upgrading anytime soon.
    Yea, my phone being future proof was something I really wanted and was one of the main reasons I ended up going for the note 4. It seems like it should last a long time and I want mine to last until the next big revolution in the phone industry.
    05-02-2016 08:35 AM
    The S7 Edge has a locked bootloader on all carriers so I am thinking the Note 6 will be the same way. I have my Note 4/Note Edge and Note 5 rooted and I will miss being able to do that with the Note 6.

I'm not really using my Note 4/Note Edge phones lately although I do miss being able to swap the battery. On my Note 5/S7 Edge, it takes about 90 minutes to charge them both so it's not too bad but sometimes I don't have time to wait and I can only charge it half way because I have to be somewhere.

I haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if the OP bought a Note 4 yet. If he has, don't forget to get an extra battery. Nothing beats swapping out the battery and not being tied to a cord for 90 minutes.
    I have bought it! And I am extremely happy with it so far Everything has been running smoothly so far: the phone is really fast, the camera is better than I expected it to be and the battery life keeps up with my lifestyle. I am also pleased with the size and design of it.

I definitely love that the battery is removable, it just makes me feel more secure knowing that I can swap it out and that if/when the battery gets old I won't have to replace my phone but only the battery. I love phones, but I am someone who likes having the same phone for a long time and only changing devices when I really need to. Thus having that removable battery is amazing.
    huntnyc, NexusGirlX and nahoku like this.
    05-02-2016 08:46 AM
    I would say, save your money and find another manufacturer to spend your money on. I had my Note 4 for one year and three months and it has stopped working. It constanly reboots itself and has a 10 minute lag time. When I called their customer support team I was given 2 completely different responses as to what Samsung was not able to do fix the technical issue. So I would just caution you with "buyer beware."
    05-02-2016 09:05 AM
    I still have mine in an S View case. Still works. I was using this phone until I bought a Note 5 in January.

Is it still worth buying?-20160502_102159.jpg
    05-02-2016 11:25 AM
    I would say, save your money and find another manufacturer to spend your money on. I had my Note 4 for one year and three months and it has stopped working. It constanly reboots itself and has a 10 minute lag time. When I called their customer support team I was given 2 completely different responses as to what Samsung was not able to do fix the technical issue. So I would just caution you with "buyer beware."
    It sounds like your phone developed a factory defect. It's really unfortunate when that happens, but it can happen with any phone from any manufacturer. Where I live, the warranty for phones is two years specifically so that people would be able to do something about their phone if it develops a problem later down the line. Is your phone still covered by the warranty? If it is, they are obligated to do something about the problem. I really hope it will work out for you in the end. Good luck!

As a side note, does anyone know a phone company that has good costumer service? I browse several device forums and it seems people are stuck with pretty bad costumer service across the board.
    huntnyc likes this.
    05-03-2016 02:20 AM
    I still have mine in an S View case. Still works. I was using this phone until I bought a Note 5 in January.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160502_102159.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	623.8 KB 
ID:	226266
    I, too, use the S View case. That, along with my Gear 2 Neo watch, allows me to use the phone without having to unlock it - yet at the same time if I was to lose it the lock screen would then kick in.
    huntnyc likes this.
    05-03-2016 10:52 AM

As a side note, does anyone know a phone company that has good costumer service? I browse several device forums and it seems people are stuck with pretty bad costumer service across the board.
    I've had lots of good luck with T-Mobile.

I've only had one experience where I had to call back. I went to pay off two S7 Edge phones on my EIP. Both were owed the same amount so their system would only accept payment on one, I had to call for the other. A day passed and it still showed I had an active EIP on the one Edge. Had to call to get the payment applied to that second phone and the lady the day before never applied it.

I have noticed I get excellent customer service when I call early in the morning when the US reps are answering phones. Calling at other times, it's out of the country.
    05-03-2016 11:08 AM
    I've had lots of good luck with T-Mobile.

I've only had one experience where I had to call back. I went to pay off two S7 Edge phones on my EIP. Both were owed the same amount so their system would only accept payment on one, I had to call for the other. A day passed and it still showed I had an active EIP on the one Edge. Had to call to get the payment applied to that second phone and the lady the day before never applied it.

I have noticed I get excellent customer service when I call early in the morning when the US reps are answering phones. Calling at other times, it's out of the country.
    That's great to hear! Thanks for the advice
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    05-05-2016 02:39 PM
    This week, I've been using my Note 4 and Note Edge and leaving my S7 Edge and Note 5 at home. Nothing beats being able to change batteries and not being tied to a charger for 90 minutes. Plus, I can turn on and off my TV and receiver at home and adjust the volume. SD card is a plus as well. All of these are things you can't do on the Note 5.
    huntnyc, nahoku, collyesta and 1 others like this.
    05-06-2016 01:42 AM
    This week, I've been using my Note 4 and Note Edge and leaving my S7 Edge and Note 5 at home. Nothing beats being able to change batteries and not being tied to a charger for 90 minutes. Plus, I can turn on and off my TV and receiver at home and adjust the volume. SD card is a plus as well. All of these are things you can't do on the Note 5.
    Note 4 > Note 5
    The Note 5 is only more aesthetically pleasing

huntnyc, nahoku and collyesta like this.
    05-06-2016 06:30 AM
    I would say a big yes. It does everything I want it to do, and it does it very well. Have had mine for a year and never a problem.

05-06-2016 06:44 AM
    I've had mine for about a month now, and I am thoroughly pleased with it. Everything just works so well! I love the big screen and definitely the S-pen (I use it a lot), the camera, the excellent battery. For me it's the perfect phone, I am so happy I got it!

I plan to stay with it for a long time. They will have to come up with something pretty out of the ordinary to make me want to upgrade.
    huntnyc and nahoku like this.
    06-06-2016 10:03 AM
    Great to hear! I feel the same way yet 1 year 8 months later! Only thing I'd change to make it better would be a slightly larger screen (ex. 6") as the 5.7" feels a bit small to me now. Otherwise I love everything about it, especially the user-replaceable battery. I used and abused my original two (causing them to start losing capacity). So just picked up a few new OEM batteries recently and back to full capacity again!
    Great to hear that it's serving you so well!

Yea, I am really loving the user replaceable battery feature as well. I really hope that in a couple of years time there will still be phones that include that. It just gives one so much freedom with usage! I really don't want to be without this feature..

The only thing I'd add to my note 4 would be an FM radio (one that doesn't require internet). But, so far, the note 4 has brought so much to me in terms of functionality that I almost feel greedy writing that.
    huntnyc and nahoku like this.
    06-07-2016 11:18 AM
    I doubt a removable battery but removable storage looks promising.

06-08-2016 02:12 AM
    I doubt a removable battery but removable storage looks promising.

It'll faceplant if it doesn't offer removable storage lol

06-08-2016 06:07 AM
    I love how even in 2016 the Note 4 is still powerful enough to run VR (the Note 4 technically was amongst the 1st VR ready phones, if not the 1st), just like most new phones these days, and yet still be able to do IR Blaster, Fast Charge + Removable Battery, OIS, Finger Print Scan, +3200mAh battery, run the latest Android well, play the latest games etc... It goes above and beyond what even 2016 Flagships do.

Samsung set an extremely high standard with this beast!
    jordyd, collyesta and huntnyc like this.
    06-08-2016 01:30 PM
    I love how even in 2016 the Note 4 is still powerful enough to run VR (the Note 4 technically was amongst the 1st VR ready phones, if not the 1st), just like most new phones these days, and yet still be able to do IR Blaster, Fast Charge + Removable Battery, OIS, Finger Print Scan, +3200mAh battery, run the latest Android well, play the latest games etc... It goes above and beyond what even 2016 Flagships do.

Samsung set an extremely high standard with this beast!
    Then they went backwards with the Note 5...lol. Hopefully the Note 6 improves on the Note 4

huntnyc likes this.
    06-08-2016 02:23 PM
81 1234