When I connect my Note 4 to my Windows 8.1 laptop, the connection is dropped after a few seconds. Here's what happens.

I plug in the USB.
    In Explorer, CD Drive (F Verizon Mobile appears in "This PC".
    About 30 seconds later, that changes to SAMSUNG -SM-N910V.
    If I'm lucky, I'll be able to navigate to a folder, eg, DCIM. But by the time I try to actually do anything, the Explorer window closes.
    In Explorer, SAMSUNG -SM-N910V is still visible -- NOT "CD Drive" , so it it not as though the PC is no longer seeing the device.

Then periodically new windows showing the Phone folder flash open close, taking focus away from any other windows, and the USB icon in the system tray appears and disappears.

This has been going on for a while and just gets worse, making any kind of wired transfer to or from the device impossible. It sometimes seems to be worse with certain folders on the device, but I'm not sure if that is just my imagination.

It is NOT the cable. It is NOT the USB port. These work fine with other devices.

Anyone know what is going on. Is this Verizon and/or Samsung trying to get me to upgrade?

Thank you.
    04-14-2016 11:06 PM
    These work fine with other devices.
    Just because it works fine for other devices doesn't mean it will with all devices. If this was a PC, I would suggest you connect the cable to the back of the PC instead of using the front port. This is because not all USB ports can supply the same power. However, since this is a laptop, you don't have this option. If you connect your phone to a PC (back USB port) do you still see intermittent connections?
    04-15-2016 12:29 AM
    Try to use the original usb cable.
    Not all cables are created equal ; )

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2016 11:13 AM