Marshmallow update for Verizon note 4

BrownstotheBone

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Updated this morning. (Ohio)
Before I did though I shut down, did a battery pull, cleared the cache and restarted with a clean slate. (no apps running and no notifications)
Everything went pretty smoothly. When the phone settled down I did a restart and everything seems great so far.

Some nice new toys to play with (Google Now On Tap, and Screen Off Memo)

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is so much better now! The lags have almost disappeared. This phone is much better and will definitely carry me through until I upgrade in the fall.

BrownstotheBone

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Check out apkmirror, someone just uploaded the most updated version.

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App

I just checked it out. Remember you'll have to allow permissions for this. It seemed to work fine.

I'm just not ready to make that kind of drastic change already after just upgrading the OS. I like the traditional I guess.

There's an option to uninstall right in the app which I did. Both require a restart. My TouchWiz is back.

If you feel like experimenting I got the .apk here > https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/good-lock/good-lock-24-0-9-release/good-lock-24-0-9-android-apk-download/

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Why isn't it just in the store? Seems odd. Is it not technically available for the note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Why isn't it just in the store? Seems odd. Is it not technically available for the note 4?

I don't think it has been officially released for the Note 4 - but runs great as far as I can tell.

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
They finally implemented the ability to disable the pop up view notifications without having to resort to a third party app!!! You just have to disable it for each app.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Updated mine last night going against my long standing rule of not upgrading for a few weeks. Went fine and don't notice anything much different. Battery life is about the same so far and I noticed all the slight changes in the UI. Phone seems a little snappier overall today as far as screen transitions and in general. Happy with the update so far. I expect the battery life to get a little better in the next week or so since it usually takes a few days for all the behind the scenes stuff to settle down.

jimpryde

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Received the update on Saturday. Seems to be fine thus far. Battery life is the same, but the phone seems fairly snappy, all things considered. Have attempted to enable WiFi calling a few times and it consistently failed.

Question: Does the new doze function simply work by itself in the background? I see no specific settings for it, so I guess it just does its thing when my phone is idle?

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Doze is a feature that works on the background automatically, no settings to change, it works when the phone is completely idle, no activity whatsoever.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Good Lock is really cool but I seem to have lost my transparent status bar. Im almost certain it was there after I started using it now today it's Grey

Last edited:

Loflo

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Got it today. Took a while to upgrade. Haven't done a factory reset and hope that I won't have to. Just playing with it right now.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I usually do a Factory Reset when applying a major update like this one.

Should I be doing a Factory Reset before downloading the update or afterward?

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Wi-Fi calling is screwing things up. Battery is draining way more with no usage change. Phone does feel snappier

Had issues with internet working on Wi-Fi and 4g yesterday for no apparent reason

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig