So I'm going to buy a new (used) note 4, and there are many variant models.

I'm in South Korea and there is a big used market where I can get one for about 250$ but I checked their model numbers and there are many different kinds.

The one I suppose is best for me is the 910k (that would natively use the carrier I use in Korea). One model was a sm-n916k which I really can't figure out (almost all the models are 910[some letter here])

But I'm worried about possibly some variants being slightly worse than others. For example there is a Chinese variant that has only 16gb of internal memory.

I'm also worried about certain variants that might be difficult to root (not that I'm necessarily going to do that) or update to marshmallow...

I really want the variant that is "the best" one. I know there is one model with an exynos cpu, and one with a snapdragon, and I'm wondering if there are any advantages/differences between at least those 2 processor models...

This market is kind of shady with shady salesman, so any advice is much appreciated... Thanks!
    04-19-2016 04:08 AM
    You could ask Samsung, they are the ones who created them and would be best informed to answer specific questions.

Usually I recommend buying the one which is specifically designed for your area /carrier as it has all the settings and radios for your carrier.
    04-19-2016 04:17 AM
    You could ask Samsung, they are the ones who created them and would be best informed to answer specific questions.

Usually I recommend buying the one which is specifically designed for your area /carrier as it has all the settings and radios for your carrier.
    I guess, but I'm looking for more if av inside scoop...

Usually people in the forums know more about the phones than the general tier 1 Samsung person who would respond to my email...
    04-19-2016 05:44 AM
    I am not sure about the Korean versions, but I know that here in Europe we have two variants that are actually quite different. We have the 910F and the 910C. The C version (that according to gsmarena can also work in Asia) has the Exynos octa-core 1.9 GHz processor and the F version has the Snapdragon 805 quad-core 2.7 GHz processor. I was told that this means that the F version will be faster overall but that the C version will have better downloading speed. Thus they recommended that I go for the F version.

Dunno how helpful this is, but it might help you analyze the phones you have in your area. Good luck!
    04-19-2016 09:11 AM
    i have the 910C (Brasil) and saw that it had the LTE bands that exist in the US. however, when i went to the US for a vacation last year, my phone couldnt access with 4G. a friend of mine bought the Note 4 Plus in Korea, but cant access 4G here in Brasil on his phone. i didnt ask him his model, but id assume its the Exynos one

i forget whether the Korea-native variants work well in the States or not, but id recommend you find out more before you make the plunge
    04-20-2016 08:08 AM