Why is the volume randomly dropping on Rocket Player and pausing on other music players?

A

AC Question

I have a Note 4 with a Sandisk 128GB micro SD Card installed and not quite half full. I primarily use JRT Studios' Rocket Player for my onboard audio files. Over the past week or so, my audio files, especially the downloaded mp3 files of the talk radio show I listen to most of the time, will randomly drop in volume by about half. Hitting pause and then play seems to temporarily correct the volume. I tried other players and it seems to have the same problem but they just randomly pause the tracks. This is not due to notifications. I contacted JRT Studio and they said try to format the SD Card. I did, but it still has the same issue. I haven't tried to use a different SD Card yet, but when I temporarily used the onboard memory while the card was formatting in my computer, it didn't have a problem. Is this a symptom of a SD card going bad? If so, my order history of it on Amazon states it has a 10 year warranty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's definitely worth trying a different SD card. Your SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Jeremyc77

May 3, 2016
Visit site
OK now I'm really stumped. I tried everything you recommended, including using a different SD card, and after a while of playing, it had the same volume drop, playing tracks from the same source. I was in the middle of writing an Email to SanDisk with my Amazon invoice attached, listening to my older 64GB disk play (the same audio) on my Note 4, and it had a volume drop out of no-where too. I ran chkdsk on both for good measure. The 128GB card reported no "bad sectors" but did say it found problems the first time I ran it, so I executed the /f (fix) option. Still had the random volume drop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it has something to do with the files themselves. Does this only happen with downloaded files? How about mp3's ripped from CDs?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2