When to Re-Charge the Battery

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
At what during the day do you either re-charge or replace your battery? I try not to let the battery fall below 25% - 30%. Just wondering what might be good practice on the Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
At what during the day do you either re-charge or replace your battery? I try not to let the battery fall below 25% - 30%. Just wondering what might be good practice on the Note 4.

Everyone has different usage cases and opinions vary on whether or not one should fully deplete lithium ion batteries before recharging. Personally I believe it's best not to fully discharge since more heat is generated for a longer period of time when charging from a lower power state. As a rule for myself I swap or charge at 40% but that's just me. The reality for me is I rarely get under 50% since my screen on time is often under 2 hours a day and I always charge each night.

The beauty of this device though is replacing the battery is inexpensive so if full discharge cycles is more convenient or a personal preference then it shouldn't be an issue.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
30% is my absolute cutoff at which point I either swap the battery or charge my phone. If I know I'm going to be out all day, I'll even charge it if it's above 50% the night before. All depends for me.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If it's convenient, try to keep the battery between 20% and 80% most of the time. This will ensure maximum longevity of any Lithium battery.

However, Lithium has come a very long way. Newer cells are far more tolerant to being charged to what the phone indicates as 100% or running the battery down to phone shutdown, and phones have become better at battery management. So any additional wear and tear on the battery will be pretty minimal.

Plus, one of the reasons I stubbornly cling to my Note 4 is the fact that I can swap batteries. That's some concentrated awesome right there.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I typically let it run down until I get the low battery warning at 20%. Either that or I plug it in at night when I go to bed...which ever comes first.