My Samsung Note 4 was stolen from my car. It was linked to a Samsung Account and the "Find Mt Mobile" function is active. After the theft I had the SIM blocked. If the thief wipes the phone, puts in a new SIM card and/or connects to the internet with WiFi does the function still work? In other words does the tracking function work on the IMEi of the device or is it associated with the Service Provider account? Should I keep checking in at "findmymobile.samsung.com" or am I wasting time given that I had the SIM card blocked?
    05-04-2016 02:25 PM
    If he wipes the phone you won't be able to connect to it since it ties to the Samsung account... BUT ... if he wipes it the security features from Google will prevent the phone from being used unless he logs in with the last known Gmail account on the phone (yours) so he won't be able to do anything.
    If he wipes the phone you won't be able to connect to it since it ties to the Samsung account... BUT ... if he wipes it the security features from Google will prevent the phone from being used unless he logs in with the last known Gmail account on the phone (yours) so he won't be able to do anything.
    05-06-2016 12:52 PM