nahoku, WalkingHorse and huntnyc like this.
    05-06-2016 01:17 PM
    I never really thought much about this until recently, but IMHO not only does the Note 4 still have superior hardware features of any Note device to date (ex. user-replaceable battery, SD card, IR blaster, chamfered metal edges yet a soft touch type removable back, etc.), but it also still has the best S-Pen detection mechanism as well.

Case in point, I frequently use the S-Pen but will often set it down briefly while the screen times out and turns off (set to 30 seconds). When I want to use it again all I have to do is hover the top end of the S-Pen around the bottom edge of the phone near the back button and screen to wake it up. No need to press the power button or re-insert/remove the S-Pen from the phone as would be needed with the Note 5. It's a minor thing many may not use/consider, but to me it's another reason the Note 4 is the pinnacle of the Note series and the device Samsung should go back and emulate and improve upon!
    Thanks for the tip. I love the note 4 also.
    nahoku likes this.
    05-06-2016 02:47 PM
    Still rocking my note 4 and loving it.
    nahoku likes this.
    05-06-2016 03:30 PM
    One of those nifty little bits of attention to detail, very nice.

The Note 4 was indeed the pinnacle, great form meeting incredible function, just like the Nokia E90 in its day, any ex-Symbian fan can remember what a workhorse that beast was and how nothing came near it years after it.
    nahoku likes this.
    05-06-2016 04:43 PM
    And my note edge makes things even better and unique.

Posted via the Android Central App
    nahoku likes this.
    05-07-2016 11:35 AM
    Love mine! That S pen has some killer features and I would be lost without it. Note 5 didn't turn my head one bit which is unusual for me as I always want the latest tech. LOVE being able to replace my battery too. Just put a new one in yesterday for the first time since I've had the phone. Man is the battery life great again!
    I am anxious to see what the 6 is all about though.
    huntnyc, nahoku and Tsepz_GP like this.
    05-08-2016 06:15 AM
    Love mine! That S pen has some killer features and I would be lost without it. Note 5 didn't turn my head one bit which is unusual for me as I always want the latest tech. LOVE being able to replace my battery too. Just put a new one in yesterday for the first time since I've had the phone. Man is the battery life great again!
    I am anxious to see what the 6 is all about though.
    I did the same over a month ago, and battery life has been amazing

This phone is truly a swiss army knife IR Blaster, MicroSD, Removable Battery, QHD Display, Fast Charging, Finger Print Scanner etc... Its an amazing mix of old and new, no compromise here.
    WalkingHorse, nahoku and huntnyc like this.
    05-08-2016 01:12 PM
    I love my Note 4. Didn't even consider the Note 5 with it's non upgrades. Will be interesting to see what the Note 6 brings to the game. Will have to be one spectacular phone to get me to switch otherwise I'm stayin with my wonderful Note 4.
    WalkingHorse, huntnyc and nahoku like this.
    05-08-2016 02:12 PM
    I'll add another reason:

Design - unique in sense that it's the only premium Samsung phone with this design. The front on my charcoal grey phone looks awesome with the faint horizontal lines. The aluminium edging just looks great too.

I also think it's the perfect mix of construction materials. I.e. not all glass and not all plastic.
    05-08-2016 03:56 PM
    I like the phone so much, I upgraded my Note 4 to a Note 4 [wife's Note 3 was on the outs] after a year of use. The fact that the N5 was a downgrade made my decision easy. The Note 6 better come with at LEAST the same features as the Note 4 or I'll be sticking with this device for another year.
    huntnyc, nahoku and indysteve9 like this.
    05-09-2016 10:52 AM
    I enjoy my Note4 so much I bought another one, brand new, just in case I break mine. I send over 1000 sms texts per week to 9 different groups using the phone app grouping capability. When away from a wireless connection I tether my laptop to my phone. I print from the Note4. I use Android Pay, scan receipts, and keep important notes. I take great video and pictures. I keep my music on the memory card and have a spare battery. The s-pen is indispensable. And occasionally, I talk on the phone; everything just works. How do you improve on that?
    pduffer, huntnyc and kpdx like this.
    05-18-2016 02:56 PM
    As I was swapping out my battery today (ahem!), I examined my Note 4. I couldn't help but think my phone still looks new. Surely, there are a few minute scratches on the beveled edge, but other than that, nothing! I only use the Samsung slim case on it, but for whatever reason, this phone is still gorgeous! Even the slim case is in excellent shape. And... the phone still operates like when it was new too! Freakin' awesome phone! Looking at it, I can't imagine this thing is 19 months old. It's still as smooth as ever and I've had no problems whatsoever with it... except BT intermittently dropping audio with my headsets. I swear, if/when this phone dies, I'm not going to know what to do! Synycalwon will have to sell me his Kitkat Note 4! LOL! Nah, he'd never part with it anymore than I'd part with mine! I guess I'll end up looking for a replacement VZW Note 4 and really learning how to root it so I can revert it back to Kikat. Freakin' awesome phone... the last real Note!

Samsung better step up their game!
    huntnyc, Jay Sacks and AXEL314 like this.
    07-16-2016 05:20 AM
    I enjoy my Note4 so much I bought another one, brand new, just in case I break mine.
    Where can you still buy one brand new ? How much did it cost ?

07-16-2016 09:30 AM
    I am so glad I clicked on this forum, so many others complaining about their Note 4, I did love the Note 2, but this is the best damn phone ever! I was looking at the reported specs of the next Note 7, thinking I might have to jump when it comes out, but, why? The battery life is not as good as it used to be, I am wondering if a replacement is a good bet?
    07-16-2016 12:19 PM
    The battery life is not as good as it used to be, I am wondering if a replacement is a good bet?
    Dang! You just missed a sale on Note 4 batteries on AC's store. They ran a one-day sale yesterday for $16.95. They do this every so often, so check often. These are OEM batteries, so no plastic case. The battery I got runs great! Even at $26.95, the battery is worth it.
    07-16-2016 01:12 PM
    Where can you still buy one brand new ? How much did it cost ?

I never bought one HERE, but several people have. I've used BHPhoto for camera stuff many times in the past. Very good company.
    07-16-2016 01:52 PM
    I bought an extra Note 4 from Ebay, $300, brand new. I checked 2-3 wks ago and new Note 4's still available. Mine is going strong, like new, 14 mo. old, but perfect. I change batts and delete cache partition regularly, seems to keep my phone in tip-top shape.
    07-16-2016 07:37 PM