Anyone successfully using FaceBook on tge Note 4. I'm aware it's a battery hog, but aside from that are there any other real issues I need to know about.

I'm not a real FaceBook user but it's a way to keep in contact with the kids and a few others I deal with.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-10-2016 06:08 AM
    Hi jmagld51

Never had any issues with FB on my Note 4. Other than battery hog. Occasionally, FB will release an update that causes minor bugs to happen, but nothing really to complain about, regarding my experience on my Note 4.

Hope this helps!

Chris
    dabombcra likes this.
    05-10-2016 06:36 AM
    The Facebook app used to work fine when I used it, but I have since disabled it and just put a shortcut to the Facebook mobile site on my Note 4 desktop. I don't get notifications and messaging is a little less convenient, but it is completely adequate for my needs and I'm semi-active on Facebook (probably check it 2-3 times a day for updates and post something a couple times a week). My battery, and privacy (have you SEEN the permissions that app wants!?) thank me daily.
    05-10-2016 07:10 AM
    The only thing wrong with Facebook in my case are some inconsistencies in the built in battery usage monitor vs GSAM. GSAM seems to report more realistic figures.

Facebook at one point reported 19%+ usage natively but around 7-9% on GSAM.

Either way, I think the Facebook battery drain claims are a little blown out of proportion. On my new battery I average about 5 hours + Screen time with 28 hours + Standby with moderate Facebook usage. That seems normal to me. I never have to logout and I usually keep all my apps in their suspended state (usually Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Chrome, and a texting app)

In the screenshot I provided I ran the phone pretty much non-stop with Facebook, Instagram, Tinder (lol) and other media accounts and achieved 6 hours of Screen on Time which is great for me.

Attached Thumbnails FaceBook on the Note 4-screenshot_2016-03-14-22-43-14.jpg  
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    05-10-2016 10:36 AM
    Facebook was using too much battery so I un installed it a long time ago
    05-10-2016 10:43 AM
    The Facebook app will eat battery for sure, even when it's usage stats are low. Many threads about battery life being poor are linked to FB. Buggy to say the least. I also uninstalled it long ago and use it only in my browser.
    05-10-2016 06:05 PM
    Don't install the messenger app. Disable notifications in app manager. Stops Facebook from constantly doing stuff in the background...helps a lot...

05-11-2016 06:02 PM