Bricked Note 4 After Wiping

A

AC Question

I am going to try and be as thorough as possible so this may be a bit lengthy. I have a Note 4 that I am preparing for sale. I rooted the device when I first got it last year but I cannot remember the rooting process I used. Once rooted, I froze all updates and OTA notifications.

I backed up all of my data before initiating the wiping process. When the phone attempted to restart, I saw a flickering green android logo on the screen with the words "installing system updates" underneath of it. This would appear for about a fraction of a second, disappear for about five seconds, and then reappear for about a fraction of a second. The phone is now in a continuous loop.

As a test, I tried to enter Recovery mode (Volume Up, Power, Home) but that got me to the same place. I then entered Download mode (Volume Down, Power, Home) and received a warning message referencing, "A custom OS can cause critical problems..." There are two options, Volume Up to Continue and Volume Down to Cancel. Volume Down takes me back to Recovery mode and the green Android logo. Volume Up takes me to a page with red, white, blue, and grey writing on it in the upper left hand corner of the screen. In the center is a larger Android logo with the words, "Downloading...Do not turn off target!!" I believe this may be my only option to fix the phone but I am not sure what to do from here. I saw something about ODIN in another Google search but I lost it and I have no idea what exactly I would need to do with ODIN anyway.

Basically, I need to be able to get this phone back to its original state so I can sell it. For your reference, here is what is writing in the Download screen:

ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-N910P
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
CURRENT STATUS: Custom
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1 (4)
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD : ENABLE
UDC START

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads