Note 4 battery sudden death while taking pictures

rhetoriccamel

May 15, 2016
Visit site
It seems every time I take more than about 5 pictures in a row, no matter how much battery I have, my phone shuts off. It reboots and tells me I have some battery left, then it reboots again and says 0%. I haven't installed anything new, but this has been happening for a couple weeks now. There is no sign of the battery bulging, it lays flat with no wobble.

Verizon Note 4,less than a year old, 5.1.1

a4a96f024707c405ecf8a1c3746a1dc3.jpg

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a dendrite. As NexusGirl said, you need a new battery, there's nothing you or the entire industry can do about it. (Although they're spending billions researching it.).

rhetoriccamel

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering if a new battery would solve it. Thanks. Any idea if I should stick with Samsung batteries or would Anker batteries be a better option?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if a new battery would solve it. Thanks. Any idea if I should stick with Samsung batteries or would Anker batteries be a better option?

Some people have said that Anker batteries are good. I've only used Samsung batteries in my phone. The Samsung batteries are so cheap to buy now because the phone is older so you have to buy from places like Amazon or eBay now. Samsung no longer sells the batteries on their site.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The trouble with "Samsung" batteries on eBay is many are fake. A true OEM is best but the counterfeits look real.

They can be fake. I happened to order two original batteries for my Note 4 and two original for my Note Edge.

They last just as long as my originals and fast charge just as quickly. They even came with the little plastic storage boxes just like what you would get when you ordered spares from Samsung.

Just be careful and read the sellers feedback for the battery.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have two genuine Samsung batteries and two Anker ones. One of the Samsungs has started developing problems, though in its defense it was my only battery for the better part of a year and I am NOT kind to my batteries since I use my phone constantly. Other than that, I cannot tell the difference.

I like the fact that the Sammys come with the nice plastic case to protect the battery when not in use and I like their charger better since it takes USB-Micro (the external charger included with the Ankers is a wall charger, which is nice but I cannot use it in the car or with a portable battery pack or whatevs). But the Ankers tend to be cheaper. So whatever your priorities are..

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Anker is currently selling Note 4 batteries on Amazon for $19.99.

I mentioned above that you can get genuine Samsung batteries for about $11 on eBay complete with the plastic cases so you can bring extra batteries with you.

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC