It seems every time I take more than about 5 pictures in a row, no matter how much battery I have, my phone shuts off. It reboots and tells me I have some battery left, then it reboots again and says 0%. I haven't installed anything new, but this has been happening for a couple weeks now. There is no sign of the battery bulging, it lays flat with no wobble.

Verizon Note 4,less than a year old, 5.1.1

05-15-2016 05:38 PM
    Sounds like the battery needs to be replaced.

I bought two OEM batteries for about $11 each on eBay this week.
    05-15-2016 06:48 PM
    That's a dendrite. As NexusGirl said, you need a new battery, there's nothing you or the entire industry can do about it. (Although they're spending billions researching it.).
    05-15-2016 08:30 PM
    I was wondering if a new battery would solve it. Thanks. Any idea if I should stick with Samsung batteries or would Anker batteries be a better option?
    05-15-2016 09:45 PM
    I was wondering if a new battery would solve it. Thanks. Any idea if I should stick with Samsung batteries or would Anker batteries be a better option?
    Some people have said that Anker batteries are good. I've only used Samsung batteries in my phone. The Samsung batteries are so cheap to buy now because the phone is older so you have to buy from places like Amazon or eBay now. Samsung no longer sells the batteries on their site.
    05-15-2016 10:51 PM
    The trouble with "Samsung" batteries on eBay is many are fake. A true OEM is best but the counterfeits look real.
    05-16-2016 12:21 AM
    The trouble with "Samsung" batteries on eBay is many are fake. A true OEM is best but the counterfeits look real.
    They can be fake. I happened to order two original batteries for my Note 4 and two original for my Note Edge.

They last just as long as my originals and fast charge just as quickly. They even came with the little plastic storage boxes just like what you would get when you ordered spares from Samsung.

Just be careful and read the sellers feedback for the battery.
    05-16-2016 01:26 AM
    I have two genuine Samsung batteries and two Anker ones. One of the Samsungs has started developing problems, though in its defense it was my only battery for the better part of a year and I am NOT kind to my batteries since I use my phone constantly. Other than that, I cannot tell the difference.

I like the fact that the Sammys come with the nice plastic case to protect the battery when not in use and I like their charger better since it takes USB-Micro (the external charger included with the Ankers is a wall charger, which is nice but I cannot use it in the car or with a portable battery pack or whatevs). But the Ankers tend to be cheaper. So whatever your priorities are..
    05-16-2016 09:19 AM
    Anker is currently selling Note 4 batteries on Amazon for $19.99.

I mentioned above that you can get genuine Samsung batteries for about $11 on eBay complete with the plastic cases so you can bring extra batteries with you.
    05-16-2016 09:26 AM
    On the front page of Android Central today was this deal of the day:

Samsung 3220mAh Standard Battery for Galaxy Note 4 - Android Batteries - ShopAndroid
    05-16-2016 01:11 PM

Samsung 3220mAh Standard Battery for Galaxy Note 4 - Android Batteries - ShopAndroid
    $11.95 is what I paid on eBay.
    05-16-2016 01:19 PM

But from the discussion in a previous thread in this forum (sorry, I don't have a link), ShopAndroid buys the batteries in bulk without retail packaging, and sells them individually without the case you would get if you bought the retail package.

Larry
    05-16-2016 01:41 PM
    Some people have said that Anker batteries are good. I've only used Samsung batteries in my phone. The Samsung batteries are so cheap to buy now because the phone is older so you have to buy from places like Amazon or eBay now. Samsung no longer sells the batteries on their site.
    Samsung.com Galaxy Note ® 4 Standard Battery (3220mAh) NFC
    05-16-2016 05:38 PM
    Your link doesn't work and again, Samsung no longer sells the batteries on their website. I just looked again.
    05-16-2016 05:40 PM
    Your link doesn't work and again, Samsung no longer sells the batteries on their website. I just looked again.
    My mistake! I thought they had them.
    05-16-2016 05:42 PM