Contacts List Displaying Names Wrong

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't think of an easy title. I noticed today that my contact list is doing something very strange. I have my contacts listed alphabetically by last name. It's been like this for more years than I can remember. Today I was scrolling through my contacts looking for someone else last name started with "S". I scrolled through the "Rs" and noticed the last name in the "R" section had moved to the first name in the "S" section. I thought it was just a fluke. I scrolled through all my contacts and saw that starting with the letter "M", the last name in every section has dropped down to be the first name in the next letter section. Every contact neck or the letter "M" is not effected
Example: Rose is now first in "S", Smith is first in "T", Troy is first in "U" and so on right through to "Z".
My first thought was maybe I had to many names in a letter section but that would make no sense. You could have 1000 Smiths and none should be displayed in the "Ts". I haven't lost any contacts that I know of. I sync my phone with Google and my Note Pro 12.2 tablet. They're are no problems on my tablet, everyone is where they are supposed to be.
If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate your help.

The Fatyank

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I solved the problem. I went to settings>applications >contacts. Then "Contacts to display". At top of page it says all contacts. This is what I had selected. I scrolled down to my Google email selection and selected it. I went back to "Contacts" and everything was back to normal. I don't know why it does that and only from the letter "M" to end of alphabet. Very odd behavior

The Fatyank