Hello,
    I been having problems with my battery lately, and it seems from the things i read on the internet that allot of note 4 users do have it also but no one posted a valid solution. My phone charges to 80-81-82% max. Its the same if I do it if the phone is powered off or on. I did a master reset still nothing. I did try with fast charging on and off but still the same results. When I pool the battery out and put it back in it shows 100% but when it gets to sometimes 10-15-20% it just shuts off like its drained all the way down ( witch it probably is). I did buy a new battery, and it has the same issue. Also I did try to drain it all the way down then charge it when its off, like the most tutorials say but still it wont reset the battery file in android. I wont root my phone since it is under warranty. I have a N910C model with Lollipop installed on it.
    Thanks in advance.
    05-22-2016 05:05 PM
    Allowing it to get down to 10%-20% is ruining it. NEVER let it get below 40% if you can help it. (The ideal charging point is around 50%.)

As far as not fully charging, you can recalibrate it, but the phone has to be rooted - Battery Calibration (Root).
    05-22-2016 07:09 PM
    50%? Really? What are people supposed to do if they are out all day and can't charge at that time? What's the point of having a great phone if you have to charge it when it hits 50%? Sounds stupid to me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-22-2016 07:33 PM
    I usually charge at the 20% mark.
    What I did when my battery did that was restart every few minutes until it started charging again.

What happens with me is it'll say "100" I restart.... it's at 92.

So I keep doing that until it hits 100 after a reboot.

Sad, but hey. Great phone otherwise.

05-22-2016 09:19 PM
    50%? Really? What are people supposed to do if they are out all day and can't charge at that time? What's the point of having a great phone if you have to charge it when it hits 50%? Sounds stupid to me.

Every phone I have ever owned, I have charged the battery only when it gets between 5-10%. I have never ruined a battery doing this. Honestly, never letting it go below 50% is something I never heard till I started visiting this site. There is a website that supposedly recommends that but not even the phone manufacturers themselves say to do that. I just use charge my batteries in my phones the way I have for years and that's what you should do to.

The two oldest phones that I have today still work flawlessly by only charging usually when I get the 5% warning. Those are a iPhone 3GS and a Nexus 4. They still give me a full day and charge to 100%.
    IAmSixNine likes this.
    05-22-2016 09:42 PM
    Its just the way of this new batteries work. If u wanna stop using ur phone and just leave it somewhere u do not want to charge it to 100% because it will loose it battery capacity. Same goes for 5-10-20%. Ideal is at about 50%.It is kinda stupid but that is how it works.
    05-23-2016 03:16 AM
    The phone is awesome but it seems that ppl have started getting these problems after the 5.0.1. update and Samsung still wont fix it.
    05-23-2016 03:17 AM
    Its just the way of this new batteries work. If u wanna stop using ur phone and just leave it somewhere u do not want to charge it to 100% because it will loose it battery capacity. Same goes for 5-10-20%. Ideal is at about 50%.It is kinda stupid but that is how it works.
    I have not found this to be the case on any phone with any battery.
    MsBionik likes this.
    05-23-2016 03:19 AM
    The point with doing this is prolonging the max capacity of the battery.
    I dont do it but from the technical side of things its 100% accurate.
    It only means that ur phone will have most of its 100% max capacity after a year or so. But who cares new batteries are so cheap these days.
    05-23-2016 03:21 AM
    Here u go. Just watch this.
    05-23-2016 03:23 AM
    I usually charge around 15%. But my newest battery I purchased on Amazon wasn't OEM and died pretty quickly. My original battery was doing fine, but I kept quick charging and it started to die quicker around a year after I got the phone. My next battery/batteries will be charged sooner and no quick charge.

05-23-2016 03:17 PM
    I usually charge around 15%. But my newest battery I purchased on Amazon wasn't OEM and died pretty quickly. My original battery was doing fine, but I kept quick charging and it started to die quicker around a year after I got the phone. My next battery/batteries will be charged sooner and no quick charge.

I bought the Samsung extra battery pack that came with the Samsung charger. I charge both batteries in that charger. I use one in the phone and take the used one out and charge it in the charger and repeat. I do the same thing on my Note Edge.

All batteries on both of these phones are still working great and I usually charge them between 5-10% but usually at 5% when I get that last warning and the display dims to save power.

I do occasionally fast charge them.
    05-23-2016 03:21 PM
    Every phone I have ever owned, I have charged the battery only when it gets between 5-10%. I have never ruined a battery doing this. Honestly, never letting it go below 50% is something I never heard till I started visiting this site. There is a website that supposedly recommends that but not even the phone manufacturers themselves say to do that. I just use charge my batteries in my phones the way I have for years and that's what you should do to.

The two oldest phones that I have today still work flawlessly by only charging usually when I get the 5% warning. Those are a iPhone 3GS and a Nexus 4. They still give me a full day and charge to 100%.
    40-50% is ideal, going to less isn't a big deal...in the short term... But if you plan to keep one device for many years and use it heavily and daily, then following the 40-50% guideline would extend the battery life. If you upgrade every year or two and then relegate the older devices to occasional usage then it would not be a big deal either.

Let's use your 3gs as an example...if you used it for 5-6 hours SOT every day since the phone launched then I would suspect that you would see a noticeably decreased battery life by now,and if not then that would really be shocking considering we are talking about a nearly 6 year old device.
    05-23-2016 03:33 PM
    I bought the Samsung extra battery pack that came with the Samsung charger. I charge both batteries in that charger. I use one in the phone and take the used one out and charge it in the charger and repeat. I do the same thing on my Note Edge.

All batteries on both of these phones are still working great and I usually charge them between 5-10% but usually at 5% when I get that last warning and the display dims to save power.

I do occasionally fast charge them.
    My first original battery lasted a year before the dropoff started. This new battery had bad reviews on Amazon that I didn't read and shouldn't have bought. My next new one will be different.

05-23-2016 05:44 PM
    Allowing it to get down to 10%-20% is ruining it. NEVER let it get below 40% if you can help it. (The ideal charging point is around 50%.)

As far as not fully charging, you can recalibrate it, but the phone has to be rooted - Battery Calibration (Root).
    Huh? What's the science behind this? Never let battery drop below 40% why?

Note 4 910C 6.0.1 | Good Lock UI | Android Central App
    05-25-2016 03:59 PM
    I've had my Note 4 since October 2014, and my battery still charges to 100%. However I estimate that it now has about 80% of the capacity it once had. I owe the longevity to the fact that I keep it topped-up as much as I can; connected to a charger at home, in the car, and at work all day. I owe the reduced capacity to the factor of age, and also to the fact that a full charge is a bit of an over-charge.

This confirms my belief that batteries are degraded not by the number of charging cycles, but by the cumulative amount of deep-cycling between charged and uncharged states. Each time the battery goes through a charge-cycle, the cell shrinks and swells due to crystal formation, I believe. This eventually destroys the cell in my opinion.

My phone once had message to: unplug the charger to "save electricity" once it was fully charged. I debunked this claim by attaching a current meter to the charger, which showed zero current-draw once the battery was charged. I no longer see that message, probably because the engineering department finally got though to the marketing department. :/

Some manufacturers say that a full charge is an "over-charge" therefore it's healthier to let the battery run down a bit, instead of keeping it topped up all the time. I can say from experience that it's a lot healthier for the battery to keep it topped-up; and I agree it's not healthier for their bottom-line, because they will be selling a lot fewer batteries if all their customers do as I do.
    09-03-2016 12:49 PM
    Every phone I have ever owned, I have charged the battery only when it gets between 5-10%. I have never ruined a battery doing this. Honestly, never letting it go below 50% is something I never heard till I started visiting this site. There is a website that supposedly recommends that but not even the phone manufacturers themselves say to do that.
    Actually never draining your battery will ruin it. It needs to drain at least every couple times or it will become unusable and not hold a charge. I know this from experience.
    My note is also doing the 80% is full if I take it out and charge it on a separate external charger it will charge to 100 and say 100 on the phone but after that recharging in the phone it goes down first 88 then 84 82 81 and 80 I'm using marshmallow when I was on lollipop it always charged to 100 but it would shut down anywhere from. 40 to 20 like it was dead and not reboot eventually the battery became dead from not being used more than that 40 before charging so. I got a new battery and I have to charge it externally or accept 80 it's sad Samsung hasn't come up with a solution.
    MsBionik likes this.
    10-14-2016 05:10 PM
    Wow....sure is a lot of suspect information here.........lithium batteries do not like to be discharged completely on a regular basis....and for optimal longevity, it is probably ideal to recharge when it gets in the 20% range......but not really that big of a deal. It is definitely not a good idea to run it down to shutoff on a regular basis......that was good for nicad batteries, but not lithium ion....it is perfectly fine to charge to 100%........slow charging is easier on the battery than fast charging......long term storage is best at around 50%.........as to the OP....that is a little strange....I would have guessed bad battery, or calibration issue....but doing the same on a new battery it sounds more software related to me......if you ignore the percentage numbers, are you actually seeing a noticeable drop in use time?????

Never mind, just noticed the date on the OP.......

Sent from mTalk
    10-14-2016 05:31 PM
    I disagree I have left mine plugged in like that all the time and now I'm on a new battery because the old one wouldn't hold a charge anymore without being plugged in. When I unplugged it would die with in and hour then 30 mins I couldn't even drive across town. Your battery needs to be used and I've had my note 4 less time than you stated you've had yours
    10-14-2016 05:44 PM
    It is a software issue same happens to me but if Ignore the numbers the battery lasts as long as it should for a brand new battery so the software is either reading it wrong or it's a calibration issue. What kills me is this has been an issue since the note 4 was released on random devices well I just updated to marshmallow and Samsung didn't fix the issue?? Seriously? I guess they want us to buy the exploding note 7 oh wait nevermind it's been discontinued forever my bad lol... No but in all seriousness I love my note 4 I loved my note 2 so I'll deal with the battery issue just sucks that Samsung doesn't care enough to even address the issue not now obviously but back when it was new.
    10-14-2016 05:51 PM
    I had this problem a few times. The only solution was clearing cache partition via recovery mode.
    10-15-2016 02:35 AM
    I have the same problem, and been solved by reverting back an older version of the firmware.
    The version which has the charging issue problem is: 6.0.1, and been replaced by: 5.1.1.
    I downloaded this firmware from https://www.sammobile.com and used Oden to flash the Note4 operating system.
    The mobile keeps rebooting after the downgrade, but when reset the mobile to factory all problems been solved.

Samsung! I wonder how a new software update would cause major defects in your mobiles.
    03-12-2017 03:47 AM