Getting Samsung Note 4 Replacement LCD

Vinicios

May 25, 2016
Visit site
About 5 months ago my Samsung Note 4 LCD broke. It doesn't respond to my touch except with S-pen and the screen is black except when connect it to the TV.

So my question is where can l get a complete Samsung Note 4 Replacement LCD with the locking clips or is it possible to but a for parts only one on eBay and used the LCD.

A little back story.
I had to go to the Samsung Experience Store in Oxford Street 3 times, wasting my money and commuting 2 hours each time because that is the only Experience Store the have in all of London.

I was paying for the repair off warranty as it had a tiny crack on the screen, which l agreed to.

The first time l went it was a Bank Holiday, so l called to see if they would be any specific closing hours, l was told no.
I went all the way there only to be told that the repair centre closes early because it's Bank Holiday. I was not the only one that called and was told this.

The second time, l tried calling them, their number (0843 538 1986) redirected me to some Carphone Warehouse Call Centre, when l called the guy at the other end said he can't help me as this is the Carphone Warehouse not the Samsung Store and he'll redirect me. When he did his redirect came straight back to himself. The next day I tried getting through pressing 4 instead of 3 to speak to a store representative for 1 hour twice, the telephone music would go on for 15 minutes then completely cut off. You would really expect one of the largest phone companies on earth to have this whole phone system thing down.
With no one to call, l ended commuting another trip to the store, for the Samsung employee, to say that they didn't have the screen in the store and to come back next week.

Frustrated with this whole thing l went again next week for the third time, only to be told at the last minute that they were going to erase all my data for "testing", when l said no, don't because it's rooted, they told me that even though I was paying for the repair off warranty and this was a simple screen replacement and had nothing to do with the root at all, when Samsung gave me my phone (they didn't give me anything, l paid £600 for it) rooting voids my warranty (which i was not getting anyway) and Samsung will not repair rooted phones unless i give them an extra £130 to replace the motherboard.

Obviously saying no, l left to go to a third party repair centre, which l trusted the man said he could do the job and to leave it overnight while he orders the parts.
The next day he called me and told me that he wouldn't do the repair as Samsung sells genuine screen, but not complete complete screen with the locking clips. Most repairs centres will just glue back on the screen with adhesive but if the phone overheats, or l go to a hot country (which l do a lot), the glue will melt and screen will come off whereas with the locking clips they will be locked together and he doesn't want to be responsible if that happens.
He said the best bet was to go to Samsung (l hadn't told him that l had already been there) and get them to repair it because they made sure they are the only ones with the complete screen.
l really trust this man, and it takes a lot for someone to refuse money.

Thank you for all your help.

Btw: l am not sure what hey are say ing about voiding my warranty because according to EU law, rooting cannot void warranty.
https://fsfe.org/freesoftware/legal/flashingdevices.en.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Back up the entire phone (see Backing up an Android Device), flash a stock ROM (see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN), then have Samsung do the repair, root the phone and restore everything. (Rooting doesn't void the warranty, but Samsung can still refuse to repair a phone with software in it that's not theirs. The extra £130 puts stock software back, so they know what they're doing. (The store won't flash the stock software, for some reason, even though it's easier and faster.)

Vinicios

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I'm so glad to get one.

The phone already has the stock ROM, l never used another one, at the moment the screen is pitch black so you can't even see it.

The problem is l am not sure if restoring or wiping will brick the phone as it does jailbreak, and it seemed unnecessary for this type of repair, so when l told them not to since it is rooted they came back and said that rooting burns something into the motherboard, l'm not sure what, so refused to fix it unless l paid them another £130 to replace a new motherboard when this one is working perfectly well.
Also l didn't mention the price of the repair standalone is £150, so for the total cost would be £280 with the motherboard, you could see why this is ridiculous to pay, l could buy a whole new phone off eBay for that cost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary